READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Energy Theory
Astromars
United Wolves and Loyal Destiny
Theriotype: Vancouver Island Wolf
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick 

Energy Theory
I know that many therians believe in reicarnation,others see therianthropy as a misplaced soul etc. but I came up with a theory,although I can't be the only one I thought about it xD Anyway,as we all know energy can't be created or disappear,so is it possible that when we die we become or,at least,release energy?
I want to talk about it with you,if you don't mind and help any other who thought about it as well but also help myself clear with it.
Thanks in advanceSmile

[Image: Wolfcover_zps5dad633d.jpg]

"Truth is many people will hurt you.You just have to find the ones worth suffering for"
2014-08-17 7:18
Save
Give Thanks
Scav
Away
pizza coyote
Theriotype: Coyote
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick 

RE: Energy Theory
It doesn't work like that. When a body cools, it's because the energy has become heat energy. Any left over energy becomes fuel for organisms that take part during the decomposition process.
2014-08-17 8:38
Save
Give Thanks
Danielle
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Theriotype: Tarantula
Contribution: tick 

I agree with Berlin. I come across this theory a lot, because I read a lot of books about the afterlife and paranormal. It's not a perfectly reasonable argument, since we already know exactly what happens to our energy when we die.

'Cause it's gonna be the future soon
And I won't always be this way
When the things that make me weak and strange
Get engineered away.
2014-08-17 15:43
Save
Give Thanks
Astromars

Can you explain further what you mean,Berlin? If you want,of courseSmile

"Truth is many people will hurt you.You just have to find the ones worth suffering for"
2014-08-17 16:14
Save
Give Thanks
Scav
Away
pizza coyote
Theriotype: Coyote
silvertick 

You no longer use energy when you die. Since it can't be created or destroyed, the body heat is transferred in the form of radiation. It leaks out to the surrounding area, it will warm the area around it.

In regards to the decomposition process, energy is passed to and from organisms that eat dead bodies. It's a cycle. Everything has calories. Calories are units of energy. The calories are taken in by those organisms, and they pass them to whatever eats them & so on. Basically, whatever energy is left over is used for energy by other beings.
2014-08-17 18:03
Save
Give Thanks
Renata
Once, TWICE!
Theriotype: Wolf and barn owl kin, fae kith
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 

Well I see the soul as being an energy, a conscious energy. But what Berlin is saying is true, but the soul is something different from this energy. Basically its ones conscious that leaves the body and either goes to "heaven" or is reincarnated. *This is all my opinion! I state none of this as being factual. Just throwing my two cents in*

*I know how to make the Devil cry*

2014-08-17 18:59
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

Hi,

The key is, to differentiate between energy and information when interpreting this in scientific terminology. Our minds, encode energy (amongst other things) into information we call personality. While the energy itself cannot be created or destroyed (without nuclear fusion/fission) information can very easily be destroyed. When you die, the information encoded in your brain is quickly and efficiently destroyed, because the brain requires you to keep breathing in order to maintain it.

But of course, there is a social dimension to anything. When still alive, your personality encodes the information you give out to people around you. These people learn to know who and what you are and tell other people. Eventually, your whole personality is imprinted in some vaguely understood and rather unpredictable fashion into the great cloud of human society. When you die, this imprint remains intact.

Most theories about the "energy of a person" (although they are not talking about energy in the scientific sense), revolve around this imprint and the consequences of it's existence.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2014-08-17 21:12 by DustWolf.)
2014-08-17 21:01
Save
Give Thanks
Renata
Once, TWICE!
Theriotype: Wolf and barn owl kin, fae kith
silvertick silvertick silvertick 

Yup what Dust said, I tried to say that but couldn't fond the vocabulary to explain myself.

*I know how to make the Devil cry*

2014-08-17 21:04
Save
Give Thanks
Darkshifter2
Away
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: N/A
Experience: Human

I believe my kitty came back as a stray ginger. Smile it lurks around our house.
2014-08-18 10:05
Save
Give Thanks
Astromars

Kind of irrelevant,Animalqueen,don't you think?xD Don't wanna be mean though about it but it ain't a reicarnation thread.

2014-08-20 14:59
Save
Give Thanks