READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Causes of Feeling Nonhuman that are NOT Therianthropy
PinkDolphin
Away
Dogolphin (PD)
Theriotype: swiss white shepherd, Pink River Dolphin
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team.

RE: Causes of Feeling Nonhuman that are NOT Therianthropy

(2018-10-06 21:42)Eersian Wrote:  

(2018-01-13 21:16)DustWolf Wrote:  I was going to try a potentially controversial suggestion on this subject.

Basically, TG has a much higher % of LGBT+ than the general population. I've heard LGBT+ people mention that they once believed themselves to have a non-human identity, because of how alien they felt within their bodies.

Do you think it's possible that some people think of themselves as therian, but are in fact only LGBT+?

LP,
Dusty

There is a transgender dragon... Well someone who changed their look with tattoos, body piercings and getting their nose and ears reshaped there is also cat man who changed himself into a tiger but he recently passed away

I said something in chat today "I think it may be something like soul transferance where experiences and feeling of past lives get transferred to our current life." I mean this can apply to spiritual therians and otherkin who believe in past lives or the dual souls theory but then again I can't relate to those who identify as physiological. Vacuum cleaners are a problem for me too dust.

Just wanted to reply real quick on the test placed in bold.
This is called '(heavy)body modification' It's actually a hobby/form of art/form of expression and 'subculture', it's also refered to as a 'trend'. This actually has nothing to do with someones identity or LGBT+ or therianthropy/otherkinity. Not necessarily atleast, some therians might wanna do heavy modification, but that's not what makes them a therian. Just as some therians enjoy getting a tattoo of an animal.
They once identified the 'parrot man', someone who coloured his eyes, tattood feathers, removed his nose and ears etc etc to look like a parrot. They asked him why, and if he saw himself as a parrot. He answered he didn't feel as if he actually was a parrot or identified as it. But simply did it as he loved parrots.
I know someone who did heavy modification to look like an elf simply because they wanted to bring fantasy into the real world. They didn't identify as an fairy or such. And there are multiple cases out there like this.

So I don't think that transgender that did bodymodification to look like a dragon, might be a dragon otherkin. (chance is, but usually it's just a form of art, expression and subculture related to getting a tattoo or piercing)

[Image: mee_lil.png]
WOOF!
PD
2018-10-08 15:59
Save
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Experience: Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

@PinkDolphin ha ive seen parrot man post in a birb group im in, ive aleays wanted to ask him to be Sure but i havent yet xD

On my note i got deh tiddie dysphoria for dolph reasons but not accepting of sugery cause i high key hope medicine gets more efficient in sugery/recovery cause i have issues with that lol ;>

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
(This post was last modified: 2018-10-08 21:18 by StarDolphin.)
2018-10-08 18:13
Save
Give Thanks
Eersian
Pathological Liar - Banned
Theriotype:
Experience: Human

(2018-10-08 18:13)StarDolphin Wrote:  @PinkDolphin ha ive seen parrot man post in a birb group im in, ive aleays wanted to ask him to be Sure but i havent yet xD

On my note i got deh tiddie dysphoria for dolph reasons but not accepting of sugery cause i high key hope medicine gets more efficient in sugery/recovery cause i have issues that lol ;>

I have that too. One of my kin types is male and I hate being female because of may but I don't believe in that kind of surgery out of respecting the body God gave me.

2018-10-08 19:53
Save
Give Thanks