READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Being Animal Hearted
FullmoonClaw
New
Theriotype: Bat & Dire Wolf
Experience: Therian
Contribution:

RE: Being Animal Hearted

(2015-01-11 14:03)Calico Wrote:  I can definitely agree with this. Being dragon-hearted, I took my wing shifts to be draconic wings without a second thought at first because I wanted it so bad. I even let myself phantom shift scales, horns, etc. in hopes that it would all click. It never did, though.

You're right that more people need to think about whether their theriotypes are actually a theriotype. The two subjects overlap so much though, that some people just don't bother.

True. My shifts were always so general that it could have been quite a number of different animals. Eventually I decided, for myself, to try and contact these animals in real life since contacting them mentally never worked for me. After that my theriotype started making more sense.

[Image: jJJtj6p.png]
Ref -
2015-01-12 0:47
Save
Give Thanks
BearX
Therian Guide Staff
Prepping to Hibernate
Theriotype: Coastal Brown Bear
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
.$team.

It's an interesting change in the community over the last 20 years or so. The term therian was much broader early on and has narrowed as more focused and nuanced terminology has become solidified. It's taking me a little time to adjust my understanding of the words folks use now, because even in the last 10 years the usage has changed a lot. What you're now calling 'fluff', were called 'skins' in some communities (95-97ish), because they were like a bunch of skin walking around with nothing inside. Presumably it is for the same reason, they are just 'fluff' with nothing inside? Etymology fascinates me.

[Image: bexarp.jpg]
TG Staff | Forum Admin
(Signature cobbled together by Me)
2017-01-26 13:57
Save
Give Thanks
Ulv08
Timer
Theriotype: Timberwolf
Contribution: tick tick 

I had to completely edit my post. What's going on inside of me is a challenge to understand. I first thought after reading your post, was that what you wrote fitted me spot on. Just an hour later though I got doubts if being fox hearted is what I am. I feel that I'm more than that. The feelings that I have follow me around all the time. On and off TG!

.Born On A Winter Day.
(This post was last modified: 2017-05-30 13:55 by Ulv08.)
2017-05-30 11:35
Save
Give Thanks