READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

A Spiritual AND Psychological Theory
Ziggy Zag
Pup
Theriotype: Cat, Border Collie, Macaw, Horse
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick 

A Spiritual AND Psychological Theory
Not sure if this belongs here. Just wanted to jot this down to get it out of my head.

Lately, I’ve been haunted (pun not intended but can be taken as such) with thoughts about spiritual therianthropy. I always say that I am, in no way, a spiritual therian. My connection is primarily psychological (and it probably always will be.) But after an eye-opening class discussion as well as my own wonders, I have found myself mentally spiraling down the rabbit hole of past lives, ghosts, and spiritual therianthropy.

I’ve observed a theory floating around which I think makes sense, mainly because it is relating to science. That theory is based around the law of conservation of energy, that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. When a person passes away, their energy remains, and that is what creates “ghosts”. I, myself, have had so-called experiences with the unexplained, the “paranormal.” The entire idea of ghosts seems interesting to me. But what I don’t understand is that there just must be so many ghosts. All this energy, just floating around the Earth. It would need somewhere to go, right? Perhaps the semi-conscious remaining energy, or “souls”, could enter new bodies if they choose. All that energy is recycled into new organisms. There are really no “new” people. Perhaps some could stick around as ghosts, explaining paranormal activities, while others move on to new lives. It’s all so confusing, but yet, it makes perfect sense at the same time.

What I’m thinking is that my connection could be a mix of spiritual and psychological. Perhaps my soul has retained bits and pieces from some of the countless lives I’ve had, and my human brain has mixed them into my psychology, y’know? My subconscious remembers a little from my old lives as my theriotypes, the most significant ones, which causes me to feel that I am still those animals. But I’m not completely sure of this or sure if I really want to believe this. Just a theory. I’m probably still just a psychological therian.

✰Ziggy/Charli!✰
◦Border Collie, Macaw, Horse, & Catkin
◦Cheetahhearted
◦Worm on a string lover
◦She/her
2023-10-19 3:01
Save
Give Thanks
Siris
Shaker of stick
Theriotype: Kitsune
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
.$team.

RE: A Spiritual AND Psychological Theory
In my expirence it's less of a binary and more of a spectrum, everyone falls somewhere in the middle to some degree between psycological and spiritual.
2023-10-19 7:45
Save
Give Thanks
Ziggy Zag
Pup
Theriotype: Cat, Border Collie, Macaw, Horse
Connection: Psychological

(2023-10-19 7:45)Siris Wrote:  In my expirence it's less of a binary and more of a spectrum, everyone falls somewhere in the middle to some degree between psycological and spiritual.

Huh, that actually would make more sense.

✰Ziggy/Charli!✰
◦Border Collie, Macaw, Horse, & Catkin
◦Cheetahhearted
◦Worm on a string lover
◦She/her
2023-10-19 13:41
Save
Give Thanks
Daizon
The Curious Dog
Theriotype: Shepherd Dog
Experience: Therian
Connection: Spiritual
Contribution: tick 

I've described in the past somewhere as well that I believe spiritual therianthropy cannot ever be without psychological therianthropy. No matter the belief someone has, psychology forms the basis of spirituality in the end (feeling x, believing in y, thinking z are all psychological in essence). Whether someone is spiritual depends strongly, some are not at all, others are extremely and everything in between. This comes pretty close to @Siris their idea, only difference with my views is that it cannot ever be devoid of psychological therianthropy.

I here fall in the category that's very spiritual and I use that spirituality as a red thread through my life to guide me and most of the ideas you mentioned come fairly close to my views so that's interesting Tongue If you feel like talking about this subject, feel free to PM me.

One should live their life to the best of their ability.
2023-10-19 15:51
Save
Give Thanks