READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Things I think should be clarified among the Alterhuman commnity
CatBark
~Fernweh~
Theriotype: Shiloh Shepherd | Cat | Coyote
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution:

RE: Things I think should be clarified among the Alterhuman commnity
Tiktok is on everyone's phone, and all the young furries are seeing kids running around in animal masks and tails and they've probably never seen anything like it. These kids on tiktok are very 'aesthetic' and they treat quads and gear as their identity.. that's not what therianthropy is!!! So now you have a lot of misinformed "therian" showing other impressionable kids what therianthropy is (isn't) but there's little to no education about them, to the point where therianthropy becomes nothing more than an aesthetic.

It's really damaging to the community! I had my therian awakening about five years ago now, I didn't discover therianthropy through TikTok or YouTube. I heard someone talking about this new term they found used to describe furries (therian) and I did my own research into what therianthropy was. That was before the mess on tiktok started. If I had my awakening back then I would have been led astray and probably wouldn't have discovered the true meaning to the word 'Therian,' I would have fallen for the cat mask nature girl aesthetic and grew out of it.

I'm tired of all the cat masks, and I know if makes a lot of people happy. But to be the new face of therianthropy is not good!! When someone who doesn't know what they are does their own research, I don't want them to see some girls wearing masks. It really doesn't help the 'Therians are furries who took it too far' idea.. Sorry if this offends anyone.

Do what you want, be who you are, dress how you like. But please remember to educate people properly! There's so much misinformation it's unreal. There's so many people who think therianthropy is a hobby Sad

Sorry, vent over
~Fernweh

"A walk in nature walks the soul back home"

✩₊˚.⋆☾╶⃝⃤☽⋆⁺₊✧
Squirrel-Hearted|19|Chaotic good|Cosplay|PLUR
2024-07-22 3:20
Save
Give Thanks
ArisazuTheRodent
Dirty Rat
Theriotype: Siamese Dalmatian Dwarf Dumbo Rat
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

(2024-07-22 3:20)CatBark Wrote:  Tiktok is on everyone's phone, and all the young furries are seeing kids running around in animal masks and tails and they've probably never seen anything like it. These kids on tiktok are very 'aesthetic' and they treat quads and gear as their identity.. that's not what therianthropy is!!! So now you have a lot of misinformed "therian" showing other impressionable kids what therianthropy is (isn't) but there's little to no education about them, to the point where therianthropy becomes nothing more than an aesthetic.

It's really damaging to the community! I had my therian awakening about five years ago now, I didn't discover therianthropy through TikTok or YouTube. I heard someone talking about this new term they found used to describe furries (therian) and I did my own research into what therianthropy was. That was before the mess on tiktok started. If I had my awakening back then I would have been led astray and probably wouldn't have discovered the true meaning to the word 'Therian,' I would have fallen for the cat mask nature girl aesthetic and grew out of it.

I'm tired of all the cat masks, and I know if makes a lot of people happy. But to be the new face of therianthropy is not good!! When someone who doesn't know what they are does their own research, I don't want them to see some girls wearing masks. It really doesn't help the 'Therians are furries who took it too far' idea.. Sorry if this offends anyone.

Do what you want, be who you are, dress how you like. But please remember to educate people properly! There's so much misinformation it's unreal. There's so many people who think therianthropy is a hobby Sad

Sorry, vent over
~Fernweh

This! Absolutely this! I’m tired of the cat masks and quads. We need a face of therianthropy that *actually* represents therianthropy, not that.

[Image: IMG-0113.png]
2024-07-22 4:18
Save
Give Thanks
Siris
Shaker of stick
Theriotype: Kitsune
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team.

(2024-07-20 15:27)Lupus Ferox Wrote:  Can someone tell me what an alterhuman is exactly? Wouldn't it be better to narrow this down to the nonhuman community? I heard reports by some therians who favor the word nonhuman over the other one, alterhuman. It's just a small discrepancy I would like to stress just this once, so I hope you don't mind. Otherwise, posting this was more than okay.

I just need clarification on what an alterhuman is exactly. As for the rest, I consider this post to be quite brave for a young user.

Alterhuman is a catchall umbrella term for non-human (human in the traditional singlet way) identities in the same way LGBTQIA2+ is for sexualities. Some like it some feel it is too broad and lacks meaning. i think its merits can be better discussed elsewhere though.

2024-07-22 7:03
Save
Give Thanks
LavenderWobbleDragon
Pup
Theriotype: Pseudo mammalian dragon (more in bio)
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick 
.$team.

Yeah, I've always felt a draconic part of my identity, but I found this community through YouTube tiktok comps. But since I was on youtube, I found some helpful channels that helped me learn. I eventually found my way here. I learned terms through the internet but I questioned my identity on my own. I eventually found my way here. I was also smart enough to know how much misinfo was on tiktok and shorts. I only got here recently and I'm already so glad I'm a part of the real therian community.

Also another thing, whenever the tiktok therian community tries to handle drama that's outside the tiktok community it's always disastrous. Like with therian territory, this is why young children shouldn't handle this stuff, as someone who's only 13 I wouldn't trust myself to do it. Thank goodness they didn't handle the lycantheory controversy.
(This post was last modified: 2024-08-09 22:57 by LavenderWobbleDragon.)
2024-08-09 22:52
Save
Give Thanks