READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Is Dual Soul a proper explanation?
Wolfy-Bleps
Pup
Theriotype: Black wolf & Chocolate lab
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution:

Is Dual Soul a proper explanation?
Hi! Wolfy here, recently for Christmas I did get some therian gear like paw socks & gloves, masks, and a pair of black wolf ears. I’ve been starting to accept an alterhuman identity more and more instead of it being a heart-type, I feel like a black wolf, but a human at the same time, yet also I’m wondering if therians can just also have a human personality other than their kin type (I don’t mean this in a rude way at all) I’ve even been dealing with some species dysphoria so that’s not too fun, though I have found comfort around it. I’m just wondering so if anyone could help me I’d really appreciate that -Wolfy Ear Fold

Wolfy ^ They/She/Any ^ Black Wolf and Chocolate Lab Therian Tongue
2024-01-06 17:09
Save
Give Thanks
Vintage
Sword with a 'Z'
Theriotype: Wolf, Zhuard...horse & crow kith
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team.

RE: Is Dual Soul a proper explanation?
Is it possible you're just more expressive and lean towards your kintypes traits when shifted?

A dual soul, imo, means that you feel an entity/individual aside from yourself despite having the same body.
You said you feel like a human and wolf at the same time so I'm not sure if that is the right wording for your experience. You may be just expressing your therian side more. Your personality will be your personality throughout lives unless trauma is related *or* you really do feel something like an alter or tulpa (which again is separate from yourself).

It's not too common around here, but we've had folks who are in systems or who feel like they have a resident/walk in soul type of experience going on (as my experience, somewhat).

_
-
**Timber wolf therian-- Zhuard-- horse/crow hearted**

*~Being kin is a journey. See through the challenges and speak on the revelations.*

-Deviantart/Tumblr: Thebridgebeyond-
2024-01-06 18:55
Save
Give Thanks
Wolfy-Bleps
Pup
Theriotype: Black wolf & Chocolate lab
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution:

RE: Is Dual Soul a proper explanation?
Thanks!! (To be honest for some reason this thread wouldn’t delete and I did repost the same thing with a different title and in a certain area but thank you for replying still)

Wolfy ^ They/She/Any ^ Black Wolf and Chocolate Lab Therian Tongue
2024-01-06 18:59
Save
Give Thanks