READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Happy therianthropy day!
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Member is Online
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

Happy therianthropy day!
Hey guys,

Happy therianthropy day!

As is our historic custom, therianthropy day is celebrated on the first full moon in November, which is today on the 27th .

To quote @BearX who posted this back in 2017:

(2017-11-04 14:44)BearX Wrote:  Today is the first full moon of November, 2017. The first full moon of November has been a sort of de facto "Therianthropy Day" since the mid 1990s. It was when, 23 years ago, on the weekend of November 19 & 20, 1994, the first official AHWW howl was held.

I was unable to attend it, although I did make the two that followed. I was a broke college student and had no transportation at the time. It was fun reading the post-howl reports on the newsgroup, though.

I always felt it was a good time to have an official celebration of therianthropy, since the AHWW newsgroup itself was created in November, 1992. Very momentous for therians, November is.

It was first proposed as a sort of holiday in March of 1996, in this thread on AHWW, should you want to investigate the history. Ultimately, AHWW decided to use it, and it stuck. It went through a few iterations of names, "International Werewolf Day", and then the less species-specific "Awereness Day" (since were is the older term for therian), and after the term therianthropy caught on, "Therianthropy Day".

So, happy "Therianthropy Day". Hope it's a good one.

We never quite figured out what we were going to do for Therianthropy Day. Maybe bake a cake. Maybe be proud and celebrate your therianthropy online by bragging about your animal traits. Maybe just chill out and have that one day in a year when you let your animal side out a bit more than usual. There are no rules on what must be done for therianthropy day. Smile

If nothing else, it's a day to be true to ourselves and remember what all this is all about.

Take care.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
2023-11-27 7:48
Save
Give Thanks
Gold Coloured Leaves
Pup
Theriotype: Rocky Mountain Wolf, Harpy, Night/Sea Dragon
Experience: Therian
Connection: Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 

RE: Happy therianthropy day!
I can’t do much, but this morning when I woke up and remembered “hey, it’s therianthropy day!” I did some vocals for myself. I never really get to express my therianthropy, so that was a nice little thing for myslef. Happy therianthropy day!

"I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind."
- Albus Dumbeldore
My pfp is an original painting by me!
2023-11-27 20:45
Save
Give Thanks
Ashfur
Away
Pup
Theriotype: n/a
Experience: Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
.$team..$team.

:0 It is therianthropy day! Happy therianthropy day everyone!!!

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Left TG Sad

Besties: @Wolfish @Haskull @DakotaTheGrayWolf

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-16-095236.png]
2023-11-27 22:38
Save
Give Thanks
S. Onyx
Away
Pup
Theriotype: Check Bio
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

Thank you! I haven't been able to do much other than appreciate this community as well as my own therianthropy

And she was always cold toward bats, too, and could not bear them; and yet I think a bat is as friendly a bird as there is
- Mark Twain

Any pronouns (including neo) except she/her
:ff2:
Feel free to PM, PS, or ping me anytime!
2023-11-28 2:53
Save
Give Thanks
FloofyKid
Away
Pup
Theriotype: Border Collie, Cat, Possum, Etc. (Go check my bio)
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution: tick 
.$team.

I didnt get to do much either. I went home after school (where I hung out with my therian friends ofc) and i did some quads and sat up in a tree and did some vocals. (only when my parents werent around bc they DO NOT support... and if they did i would have been able to do so much more :C ) Nothin much, but it was still fun and I enjoyed the time I did have to celebrate before my parents got home. <3

There I am.
There I am again.
I am the rot and the ache beneath your skin.
I am the angel sent down from above.
I am the cancer swimming deep in your blood.

⋆ / They,He,She / Bisexual / Therian / ADHD / Non-Binary / ⋆

⋆ ★˖° Kid/Milo °˖★ ⋆
2023-11-28 21:23
Save
Give Thanks
Observant Demon
Lost in Life
Theriotype: Demonae
Experience: Therian, Otherkin

I was unaware there was such a thing. Nice to know.
Though I don't know what I'd even do on such a day.
2023-12-02 1:25
Save
Give Thanks