READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Reactions to type based on stereotypes?
elicat
Therian Guide Staff
anam fallain
Theriotype: Cat
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick 
.$team.

RE: Reactions to type based on stereotypes?

(2024-02-17 22:44)MicrowavedBreadTag Wrote:  

(2024-02-17 22:38)Ashoka Wrote:  I don't really know if there are any stereotypes about lynxes specifically, but the stereotypes of cats being jerks and mean definitely don't fit me. I also don't quite fit the "loner" mentality very well. I like having my friends and being social, just that I don't have many very close ones. The friends I do have I am very close to though.

Same! Cats are most definitely not jerks, I hate that stereotype.

I also hate the myth that all housecats are aloof and don't show affection. It's simply not true!

[Image: YJKCUsm.png]

cat | 42 | writer & published author | scuba diver | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFJ | eclectic Wiccan witch
2024-02-17 23:15
Save
Give Thanks
Ashoka
Tufty Kitty
Theriotype: Lynx
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team.

(2024-02-17 23:15)elicat Wrote:  

(2024-02-17 22:38)Ashoka Wrote:  I don't really know if there are any stereotypes about lynxes specifically, but the stereotypes of cats being jerks and mean definitely don't fit me. I also don't quite fit the "loner" mentality very well. I like having my friends and being social, just that I don't have many very close ones. The friends I do have I am very close to though.

I also hate the myth that all housecats are aloof and don't show affection. It's simply not true!

Yes! Cats absolutely do show affection. Every cat my family has ever had has been really sweet. Just have to understand them. The body language cats and dogs use is different and some people don't seem to get that. I have made friends with my parents cat who is notorious in their house for being "bitey". He gives clear warnings that he is done being pet or doesn't like something. But he also has been sleeping on me when I am in the chair downstairs, and sleeps in my parents bed with them every night.

2024-02-18 9:17
Save
Give Thanks
Alliana
Aloof werewolf
Theriotype: werewolf/jaguar
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

(2024-02-17 23:15)elicat Wrote:  

Usually, people who say that are around cats either the cats ignore them, hear from their friends/fam that they are aloof or don't understand cats.

I believe that cats can show affection, my cat Bud-Bud (Buddy) does. Smile He may hesitate at first but after a few minutes, he shows his real side which is quite cuddly. Unless you happen to be an old lady petting him while Jay holds him (Bud-Bud peed all over Jay when that happened. XD), lol.

But yeah, totally a myth.

Avatar comes from my good friend Yvvki outside of TG. Smile Thank you so much for doing it!
(This post was last modified: 2024-02-20 21:54 by Alliana.)
2024-02-20 21:54
Save
Give Thanks