READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Pups and schools blocking therian guide
Ashfur
Away
Pup
Theriotype: n/a
Experience: Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team..$team.

RE: Pups and schools blocking therian guide

(2024-03-15 14:48)little wolf Wrote:  Okay, I'd like to give teachers and schools the benefit of the doubt. Most aren't providing the computers for devious means like spying on students. A lot of students probably don't have/can't afford their own laptops so the school has to provide them if they are expecting digital work to be done. Even my college has school-owned laptops (which they don't monitor online activity), and at this point in life, most students do have their own computers, but not all, and of course, college relies heavily on online platforms and work, a lot of which are on programs that either cost money to load onto a personal computer, or the program only works on very specific systems.

With technology in schools, of course teachers have to monitor your online activity because so many students take advantage of them. The teachers are trying to help keep students on task and help them learn and get adequate grades. That's what most of them are there for. Something else to think about: being on other sites and doing other things in class is disrespectful to the teachers, and most teachers don't get enough credit. They do a lot for students and deserve the respect of your attention and effort.

Very very true Little, teachers never get enough credit for what they do. The only thing I'll ever be mad with is Lightspeed for blocking Chicken Smoothie despite the fact that it is a family friendly website whose forums are moderated to death. Most of it doesn't even involve the forums it just happens to all be built on phpBB-
Oops, sorry for the rambling I'll stop now XP.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Left TG Sad

Besties: @Wolfish @Haskull @DakotaTheGrayWolf

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-16-095236.png]
2024-03-15 16:40
Save
Give Thanks
WanderingForests
Member is Online
Pup
Theriotype: coyote, cat, rodent?, bird?, dryad?
Experience: Therian
.$team.

I agree with this. I haven't ever gotten on TG on a school computer before, though I have watched YouTube on my school account or done research on non school related things while at home. I have never violated it's purpose while at school, I follow all of the rules they set while I'm there. I never even play games on it while I'm there. My school computer has to stay at school, however I have a computer at home with my school account on it.
Overall though I am a straight A student who has never been in trouble at school before, so they have no reason to monitor me too much. Of course I am still careful and safe with what I view while on it.

Run fast, be safe, live free.

Most birds don't realize their wings can fly until they fall, only to find themselves soaring.
2024-03-16 21:49
Save
Give Thanks
Kenai
Professional Wolf
Theriotype: Wolf
Experience: Therian
Contribution:
.$team.

(2024-03-15 16:40)Ashfur Wrote:  

(2024-03-15 14:48)little wolf Wrote:  Okay, I'd like to give teachers and schools the benefit of the doubt. Most aren't providing the computers for devious means like spying on students. A lot of students probably don't have/can't afford their own laptops so the school has to provide them if they are expecting digital work to be done. Even my college has school-owned laptops (which they don't monitor online activity), and at this point in life, most students do have their own computers, but not all, and of course, college relies heavily on online platforms and work, a lot of which are on programs that either cost money to load onto a personal computer, or the program only works on very specific systems.

With technology in schools, of course teachers have to monitor your online activity because so many students take advantage of them. The teachers are trying to help keep students on task and help them learn and get adequate grades. That's what most of them are there for. Something else to think about: being on other sites and doing other things in class is disrespectful to the teachers, and most teachers don't get enough credit. They do a lot for students and deserve the respect of your attention and effort.

Very very true Little, teachers never get enough credit for what they do. The only thing I'll ever be mad with is Lightspeed for blocking Chicken Smoothie despite the fact that it is a family friendly website whose forums are moderated to death. Most of it doesn't even involve the forums it just happens to all be built on phpBB-

The keyword in this is forum, the school shouldn't allow you to talk to strangers on the internet. They're responsible for your safety and a lot of kids your age don't take your own safety seriously.

- Kenai (kiːnaɪ)

Hello
2024-03-17 15:59
Save
Give Thanks
Ashfur
Away
Pup
Theriotype: n/a
Experience: Otherkin
.$team..$team.

(2024-03-17 15:59)Kenai Wrote:  

(2024-03-15 16:40)Ashfur Wrote:  

The keyword in this is forum, the school shouldn't allow you to talk to strangers on the internet. They're responsible for your safety and a lot of kids your age don't take your own safety seriously.

That's a very good point. I'm not gonna share my address online or anything but there are certainly people my age who could accidentally do that. I bet the CS mods would catch that in half a second though lol

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Left TG Sad

Besties: @Wolfish @Haskull @DakotaTheGrayWolf

[Image: Screenshot-2024-04-16-095236.png]
2024-03-17 18:39
Save
Give Thanks
KoCaF_on_Pawrs
Away
Pup
Theriotype: candian marble fox, red fox, ocelot (dragon?)
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

I've been working on logging out during school hours, so far accomplishing about an hour a day. It's a slow progress, but I'm doing it.

Pupporter of everyone!(with exceptions)

The people I trust and love(/p?) the most: @SunnyDelta_On_Pawrs @katzzpawzz

Pawrs against Paws! Join the rebellion! (Rebellion Officer)
2024-03-18 14:01
Save
Give Thanks