Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: Opinions on Quadrobics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I end up on all fours enough. My back, and legs can't take doing much these days.
I think it's a good form of exercise, and I want to get my muscles for it build up so I can do it for longer periods and look a bit more graceful when doing it! I do think though, that if it's getting uncomfortable or painful for a person they should stop doing it, but that's up to the individual. I also really dislike tiktok and places like that. I just don't see the point and people are way too obsessed with it. Plus, it's a good way for people to make fun of others, and that's something I really can't stand. Quadrobics should be for a person's own enjoyment or wellbeing.
Fun, though making a regular habit out of it might not be great for your back I'd imagine!
It gets a bit overplayed on places like tiktok but it is a frivolous platform by nature. People have fun there and I can't knock em for it.
It seems really fun! And another amazing way to get exercise. I should honestly look into it more and see what it has to offer! But I do think that the amount of "cringe compilations" there are over it, is really unfair to those who do participate in it.
The way it has become a trend on Tiktok, lurking in more younger people in the community is, in my opinion, a bad thing, because that indeed causes those other things like naming your theriotypes, etc.

That being said, furthermore, I think it's a cool thing actually, especially when people are good at it. I can see how it can make you connect to your theriotype, and this is just something that can interest some people. I would try it if I had the physique for it, buuut I do not Laugh
Animal Movement exercises, not just running/quadrobics, are great physical exercises that really let you get more in touch with your inner beastie.

I have done both Animal Movement and quadrobics/running on all fours, but the later tends to make my arthritic neck hurt more and oftentimes confuses the cats. Tongue With Animal Movement, I can mimic various types of animals and each is a great exercise for various muscle groups.

My thinking is what you do in your own home, as a safe adult, is your own damned business, so have at.
i love watching people do quadrobics its really awesome to me. im not able bodied enough to jump and run good, but when im in a big shift i stalk around on all fours despite the pain. i think the trend is awesome too in the sense that therians expressing themselves this way and no matter how "weird", it helps them! its a good way to connect for some, and thats a good thing
It is fun, I like doing them once in awhile and who am I to tell others to stop. Also it is healthy and for a lot more than just therians and otherkin it feels right to be on all fours. I know this cause I love researching animals, nature and lots of other things to do with that. Though this I have found that the human body has a lot of things wrong for the way it is ment to function and is just a evolutionary nightmare.
I used to run up the stairs on all fours like Lyc still does, but I never run all fours now cause it hurts my back, lol. I was always imagining going on all fours with the help of equipment though (like longer arms or something to match my legs) in regards to quadrobics. Never realized it was just basically doing it without.
As someone who was both an avid user of Therian Amino and a former administrator, it wasn't uncommon to see many of the newcomers ask for tips on their quadrobics or request a chatroom to be made in dedication to the exercise itself. Needless to say, quadrobics definitely wasn't unheard of over there.

I believe it can be a great exercise for someone to practice when possible, as as I see it, there's a good amount of benefits from it. Not only does it incorporate the usage of multiple parts of the body into the overall experience, but it also can be a great way to act out on instincts to drop down on all fours and move about as one's theriotype would.

Tiktok definitely has a good sum of quadrobic videos amassed, though so does Instagram and YouTube if you dig deep enough. There was a trend going around in the equestrian community, of which that still goes on today, around 2014 to 2016 or so where kids would post videos to their instagram page of them jumping as horses do in the arena. At the time there wasn't a link to therianthropy or anything along those lines with these posts, it was really a matter of being that horse kid at the barn lol.

All in all, I see quadrobics as a pretty positive exercise to check out and see how it may benefit the individual in question Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's