READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

misconseptions on therianthropy
crow-ley
Pup
Theriotype: northwest crow, Opossum, ghost(?)
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: new

misconseptions on therianthropy
So recently I was on YouTube picking something in the background to watch as i was making my opossum mask I see this YouTube short (not saying who) saying ' how to become a therian. ' Now me, being the curious thing I am, clicked on it watching it all the way through, because sometimes they have a twist (etc. it's a loop so it never tells them. or they say ' you can't, therianthorpy is not a choice ' which I love btw), this was not the case. it was telling the viewer that you have to wear gear, do vocals, and do quads all the time. which made me frustrated. but I did not let that go to my head. the reason I'm making this thread in the first place to remind other pups that this is not the case. don't be fooled by these people. and if a fellow therian is forcing you to do quads, wear gear, and or do vocals even if you don't want to, ignore them. they are not your friend.
please, do not harass the people who do make these types of videos (unless it's really bad), they most likely are confused on therianthropy due to somebody spreading false info, or they are only telling people what they see rather than doing research. please instead kindly educate them about therianthropy, so they have a better grip on it. if they still do not listen to you, don't waste your time on them. let them figure it out by themselves.
as always, do be careful out there, and I care about you all! stay wild!

"life and death and love and birth and peace and war on the planet Earth"
2024-03-03 4:54
Save
Give Thanks
Tdae
visitor
Theriotype: n/a
Experience: Human
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 

RE: misconseptions on therianthropy
Sounds like a young entrepreneur learning the trade. Make some garbage, sell ads, make money.

previously a wolf spirit
2024-03-03 15:06
Save
Give Thanks
crow-ley
Pup

(2024-03-03 15:06)Tdae Wrote:  Sounds like a young entrepreneur learning the trade. Make some garbage, sell ads, make money.

most likely. it just breaks my heart just a bit that this is how the world has become Sad

2024-03-03 20:14
Save
Give Thanks
Tdae
visitor
Theriotype: n/a
Experience: Human
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 

I said basically the same thing to my daughter, that she could make money with little effort if she wanted to. She said she wouldn't sell her soul. I'm proud of her.

previously a wolf spirit
2024-03-03 22:56
Save
Give Thanks
crow-ley
Pup

(2024-03-03 22:56)Tdae Wrote:  I said basically the same thing to my daughter, that she could make money with little effort if she wanted to. She said she wouldn't sell her soul. I'm proud of her.

it sounds like you have a wonderful and kind child! like I said, it's good to spread awareness to others about this kind of stuff.

2024-03-04 17:50
Save
Give Thanks