Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: About Therian Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I’m going to buy an Arctic fox tail some time soon. I feel like it will help bring me closer to my theriotype.
I never like dressing up other than getting wolf shirts anyway. People just assume I love wolves and I just leave it at that. Smile

(2017-06-10 18:36)BearX Wrote: [ -> ]I have a necklace made from a black bear claw. In case you are concerned, the bear had been hit by a car, it was not killed to make the necklace. It is the closest I come to having accessories. Having an item of bearish origin on my person makes me feel closer, spiritually, to my kin.

Yesss, i also find having something that reminds me of my theriotype helps a lot. I dont have much, but I do have a dragon and a wolf necklace, they both help me feel more connected depending on which one i wear.

glad to see that the bear claw has been put to good use after its death <33

I hope to paint my mask soon, and I like it because I can actually see a snout when I feel one, and it has lil' bell that- *gling gling* OwO. Else I just want to have gears to see my physical self look more like my "real" self. It's always weird to look in the mirror and be like- "Oh yes, that's me I forgot.".

(2017-06-10 18:11)DustWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

I wear very functional clothing and kinda hate kitsch, which is exactly what most of this stuff is. So I would never wear it, not the least because I don't want people getting strange ideas about my therianthropy because of it.

As far as it allowing me to experience my therianthropy better, I think the only thing that'd work for me would be wolf ears or a wolf tail I could actually consciously move. You know, for expression. As far as I know, nothing such exists today.

LP,
Dusty

dusty there's the tail company if you want an animatronic tail

I love gear when I'm feeling particularly shifty and just to express myself! It's also just super fun. I do see quite a few children on tiktok though who seem to think that gear is what makes them a therian? It's quite strange but I'm guessing they just get confused with therians and furries. Either way, gear is awesome!
I have gear of my own, only masks though, I painted them and all X3 I think its fun. And it helps me connect with my theriotypes. Because its one of the things I can actually do, without my parents wondering etcetc. Though Gear doesn't make you a therian.
I'm very glad this is a thread, I think more people need to understand it.

I only have one tail that I wear and only rarely. I make animal masks but don't exactly consider them gear since they're not of my theriotypes most of the time. I have lots of shirts and accessories with animals on them, and I love to have those to express my identity.
Great statement! I feel a lot of newer therians need to know this.

That being said though…I am a bit of a “gear person” myself. I would love to make a tail, and I love making animal masks. Though some of the masks are not of my theriotypes, I love making them because it’s fun and creative, and sometimes helps me connect to my “animal side”. ^_^
I have a bit of gear! (Faux) fox ears and a fox tail. I also have a black cat tail and wanna get more ears (including some without matching tails) just because I like them. I wear collars but I wouldn’t consider them gear in my case, I’m just alt. Wearing my gear just makes me feel nice lol. I don’t usually wear it that in public, though.
I kind of want masks, but not completely in a gear sort of way; I just like to dress up & masks are fun to make and wear
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's