Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: Advice for younger/newer therians
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some things I know a lot of young therians I've met need to hear. Good post.
good post!! made me feel a lot more welcome in this community, everyone needs some more visible hospitality every once in a while
That's a good point about the gear, but I'm still going to get a tail because I think it would make me more comfortable. I can't phantom shift on purpose (yet) and when I come out of one (or whatever you call that) I'm sad that it wasn't real.
i love this post! it was very helpful <3
i remember when i first found out about therianthope, i thought you HAD to have gear to become one LMAOOO. Then i found out i was one and remembered how cringe i was back then-

anyways, tysm for posting this! it helped alot <33
I think this post is very good, it can help the one that are "Oh-yeah-it's-a-trend-on-tiktok-I-saw-and-I-am-now-a-therian".
This community is really nice and cheerful.
I think we can add that, no, you don't need to know your theriotype. Like, you can be a full category, you can be many, can change, can be an extinct specie, or even a non-existing specie (otherkin). You can even be an insect, so there's no rush to discover your theriotype(s).
Amazing introductory thread about Theriantrophy! I'll be linking this to newer people who want to learn about therians Smile
I really liked this post and found it very informative. I know this will really reach the new members of TG and help guide them so thank you for taking the time to post this Smile
Thank you that really helped me because some kids at my school had a conversation about therians on TikTok and that the ones without gear were the fake ones but now I know you really REALLY don’t need gear to be a therian and that gear is just a way of displaying that you are a therian
Great advice coming from a somewhat older user here. You highlight some great points, specifically about the gear piece. While some individuals like to wear gear (for me it's a tail) it's def not required to be a therian or be accepted as a therian and I feel like a lot of people don't understand this.

(2019-08-28 3:00)Tacosaurus Wrote: [ -> ]Now, for the thing I know people don’t want to hear. Not everyone is a therian. Chances are, if you’re reading this, then you’re probably in the questioning phase. You may not know whether or not you’re a therian, or what your kin may be. There’s a line between wanting to be a therian, and actually being a therian. Being a therian usually means you have a connection with a certain animal. And when I say this, I don’t mean, “oh, I like wolves, and wolves like me.” No. This connection is a type of connection where you see an animal, and know deep inside, that you are the same as that animal, even though you have a human appearance.

I'm a little confused on the part where you said being a therian was having a connection to a certain animal, I've been told that being a therian is identifying ascan animal on a nonphysical level because of involuntary animalistic experiences. I've always been told having a connection to an animal would possible make you otherhearted but not a therian, and that therianthropy can have a connection but also just a connection doesn't make you a therian.

**as an animal
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's