Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: Pup safety
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
-----
This is always relevant~
I will look out for creeps like that! :0
Oh, I hadn't seen this. I remember one or two instances a loo-oong while back. Great post. Glad to know pups are being looked out for!
Deer Jump
Lot of new pups have joined lately, figured I might as well bump this ~~
If someone even tries, they will regret crossing my path.

Creepy imbeciles. It sickens me.
They will get more than an earful.

A warning to all those weirdos: I'm not one to mess with. You WILL regret it.
thanks for the update man, if i see any creeps i'll tell ya
Hi, there! (Apologies... I haven't been on the board in a while! Finally have the time to go through it all...)

I've taken a class once on Online Safety and read a bit about it...

Wouldn't it be safer for the younger ones to not be able to display their age at all on their profiles? And also not to show any of their personal information and what they look like on their profiles?
Just saying, Ocean, not EVERYONE puts their appearance as their profile pic.

And Pups and any user choose whether or not to display their age Wink

Very valid point, though.
Underaged children on social platforms give their rights up to their parents or guardians to decide. Yes, ultimately the physical choice is up to whoever has access to the account, but an underaged (I believe it's under 13, but I think there may be additional laws beyond that,) individual should not be allowed to make that choice themselves without parental permission.

It doesn't matter if not "everyone" does it. If it's allowed to be shown, that is that much more risk to safety. Sad

Edit! I looked it up more... Apparently it's against the law to enable children to make any personal information publicly available. Even if parents have given permission. Not good... It would probably be the safest route to delete all personal ID in your profile if you're in the pup category :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's