Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: Recycling old usernames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

As we get more and more new members on the site, we are getting increasingly into the situation where someone might want a username that is already taken.

To help with this issue, we've decided on the staff, that it is possible for an active member, to get a desired username, even if it is currently held by another user, if the other user has long since been inactive.

This basically means that if you've last been on TG more than two years ago and have not posted anything since, it is possible that your username will be taken up by someone else. If this happens, you will be notified about the occurrence by email.

Odds are these long gone users won't care and we're doing a nice service for our active users.

Thanks for understanding.

LP,
Dusty
To anyone who might be afraid of this... we've only done 1 to date...

LP,
Dusty
Sounds fair, but what happens to the original nameholder's posts? Will they have no name? Or the same name?

(2018-03-31 0:07)Xce Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds fair, but what happens to the original nameholder's posts? Will they have no name? Or the same name?

Their name will be changed to the less favorable alternative.

LP,
Dusty

(2018-03-31 0:09)DustWolf Wrote: [ -> ]

(2018-03-31 0:07)Xce Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds fair, but what happens to the original nameholder's posts? Will they have no name? Or the same name?

LP,
Dusty

Sorry, i dont quite understand what you mean by "less favourable alternative"

Like adding numbers,I.e Xce1 instead of Xce?

(2018-03-31 0:10)Xce Wrote: [ -> ]

(2018-03-31 0:09)DustWolf Wrote: [ -> ]

LP,
Dusty

Sorry, i dont quite understand what you mean by "less favourable alternative"

Like adding numbers,I.e Xce1 instead of Xce?

Yuh.

Usually there is an obvious alternative, such as DustWolfy instead of DustWolf, etc...

LP,
Dusty

(2018-03-31 0:15)DustWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Yuh.

Usually there is an obvious alternative, such as DustWolfy instead of DustWolf, etc...

LP,
Dusty

Thank you so much!Deer yes

Reference URL's