Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: Past Life Theory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a theory for spiritual therians, specifically those who believe that they lived a past life as an animal.

I tend to commonly see therians who had a traumatic death in their past life. For example, being shot by a hunter. I think that it is a possibility that their death experience was so traumatic that the memory passed on to their current life, giving them the ability to remember it and other details. It might be just me, but I find that figuring out a theriotype when you believed you died naturally is a little bit harder than when you had a more frightening death. Perhaps having that memory gives us more insight on that life, making it easier to figure out the specific animal.

I think it's pretty interesting! What do you guys think?
This theory is interesting but again considering the fact that although being killed by hunters is more traumatic and most likely will be remeber in the next life, what about animals such as cows and pigs who are slaughtered for meat by butchers? I think that is also a rather traumatic death and would be remember. Also base on pastlife theories, more cows,pigs and chickens are being killed than wolves or big cats every year yet i hardly see any therians with such theriotype.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but it is my own opinion, other than that this theory do sounds quite plausible. Smile
I agree with what Mari said!
I guess it's also up for interpretation what is considered "traumatic" enough to cause someone to remember a past life. From a human perspective, anything can be traumatic, given the circumstances. Dying of old age as well as being killed. Depending on how far an animal can grasp the concept of "trauma", some species would be more likely to be remembered as past lives. E.g. being slaughtered (as Mari said), being hunted (either by humans or other predators, having a fatal accident etc.

And then, not every remembered past life equals a theriotype. Therians and non-therians alike can remember those (or believe they remember it) and not identify as said creature.
I guess your theory has a point in the fact that most therians I've seen claiming to have had past lives remember rather violent deaths. Maybe it does make them easier to remember, who knows? But then, what someone (or something) considers traumatic is very subjective.
Ohhh I see! I agree with what you both said. I've seen a lot of theories on how therians or spiritual people in general remember their past lives, and the one I mentioned was the one I believed most. Perhaps we'll never know! Thanks for the feedback ^_^
Ive had a trumatic past life, but i identified as a cetacean long before i remebered the trauma. I had remnants of non traumatic memories before, but they were impactful in a peaceful way, instead of violent. I think, it goes both ways, just as you can rember a trauma, you can remeber a delightful event. Being impacted so strongly positively with a beatiful life usually is what causes the therianthropy i believe, like finding an experience youu love soo much and it just so vivid you cant forget Heart of course over the course of soul evolution, you may also have trauma in the same therio type.

I dont think past life trauma would be the direct CAUSE of therianthropy. i believe both a strong negative OR Positive memory can still stay in tact over incarnation process. I believe the trauma comes back in this life to heal, and also make a difference in the world, now,in a human body, its pretty useful to voice out what you couldnt communicate to humanity before.

I know thats what im doing, and im feeling much more at peace with my trauma by being an advocate to my speiecies ^_^
My past life, I too died from either a hunter/poacher or perhaps at a sanctuary. But I agree it makes it more impact on one's memory. But I also remember other happy times. Playing with my runt pup, him/her lying on my head, then playing with my other two pups. More intimate memories from myself and my mate. I was young at 2 years of age.

But I feel that my mind has shielded me from what happened to my mate and 3 pups.

I was killed in the den with my runt pup behind me. But seeing I was killed first, I do not know the status of the rest of my family (pack).

But I feel somethings stay with me, others are so horrific my mind is blocking it.

Lee
You're theory is lit. I have delved into the theories of the mystic Robert Bruce on Astral Projection. How does Astral Projection relate to past lives? Death is basically a permanent Astral Projection. He said that most people who say that "fail" in Astral Projection merely had forgotten the experience. One way to ensure memory is to have a strong emotion during the "re-entry" into the physical body.

There are other factors to consider but your theory is in harmony with them. I would like to disclaim that when I talk of a theory, I treat is as such. I have had experiences that verifies the theory but like in science, the more tests with the same results, the more likely. As well as the explanation being required to be reasonable.
I remember that I died from getting my paw stuck in a bear trap that was set by my owner. I thought I was free without him for the first time. but I was just left and never found for a while. But I think this theory is pretty smart

(2016-12-13 2:39)wolf_horror Wrote: [ -> ]I have a theory for spiritual therians, specifically those who believe that they lived a past life as an animal.

I tend to commonly see therians who had a traumatic death in their past life. For example, being shot by a hunter. I think that it is a possibility that their death experience was so traumatic that the memory passed on to their current life, giving them the ability to remember it and other details. It might be just me, but I find that figuring out a theriotype when you believed you died naturally is a little bit harder than when you had a more frightening death. Perhaps having that memory gives us more insight on that life, making it easier to figure out the specific animal.

I think it's pretty interesting! What do you guys think?

i agree, i have had hundreds of past lives and this is proved by all of them, the ones with less trauma took me longer to be able to remember them and the most traumatic ones(not saying what happened bc its too bad to say) i remembered from the time i was younger. so basically i agree with you

Reference URL's