Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: Simple Intro to Kin, new version, needs your opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This week, I wrote a new version of my Simple Introduction to Otherkin article. It's in Simple English, without using jargon, so it's accessible for non-English speakers and people who aren't familiar with otherkin/therians. It's under 500 words, not including the sources. I want it to be the best piece someone could read if they'd never heard of otherkin/therians before, especially if they're non-otherkin/non-therians, or the family/friends of otherkin/therians.
I'm actually trying to make a guide myself and I was looking on the Therian guide on definitions and such while simplifying it. I found your article and it is rather wonderful !^_^

This is quite beautiful and well done. I love the conciseness of it. It presents the details, and and can be understood by a wide audience.

One thing though, I think that the "mental illness" section should be put first, to cast away any fears. And I think it should include fictkin (parallel universe explanation ect.)

Your introduction is quite amazing and with a little bit of smelting and shining, it surely will be a glittering gem for therians and non-therians!

I have the link to the forum for my article here:

https://forums.therian-guide.com/Thread-Coming-out-of-the-Wilde
It's very well written for using a simpler vocabulary, so kudos to you for that. I know I have trouble trying to dumb down my words AND sound sophisticated and/or professional but you pulled it off nicely.

(2016-12-04 5:15)frameacloud Wrote: [ -> ]This week, I wrote a new version of my Simple Introduction to Otherkin article. It's in Simple English, without using jargon, so it's accessible for non-English speakers and people who aren't familiar with otherkin/therians. It's under 500 words, not including the sources. I want it to be the best piece someone could read if they'd never heard of otherkin/therians before, especially if they're non-otherkin/non-therians, or the family/friends of otherkin/therians.

Thank you...
I have been trying to introduce my partner into my therianthropy. I think this will help him understand.

Reference URL's