Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: Communicating About Your Therianthropy To Others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nanyehi, you might be interested in putting a resource like this on Project Shift or in the Werelibrary. You can contact Aethyriek ( werelibrary@gmail.com ).

(2016-09-10 17:59)Wolf Daughter Wrote: [ -> ]Nanyehi, you might be interested in putting a resource like this on Project Shift or in the Werelibrary. You can contact Aethyriek ( werelibrary@gmail.com ).

You can link them to our site, this board is open to the public.

LP,
Dusty

Thank you for making this. It is something I was looking for. Well organized. I was thinking about telling my family, and this has helped me clear a few things up I was thinking about. Thanks!
This helped out alot!
I am attempting to come out to my partner about my therianthropy. I am just completely at loss as to how I should? Like, what to say? how to explain my therianthropy to him? Everything else I am fine with.

(2018-07-17 2:18)Mirvolk Wrote: [ -> ]I am attempting to come out to my partner about my therianthropy. I am just completely at loss as to how I should? Like, what to say? how to explain my therianthropy to him? Everything else I am fine with.

From my experience it helps if they like animals and or notice some animal traits in you. Just go slowly. This isn't some mandatory awful confession and we don't physically change - which I have seen as a common stereotype. The livestock and villagers are quite safe Wink

I don't think I'd ever be able to 'come out' as a therian. My family would either disown me or humiliate me.

But this is an amazing thread, and one I used to tell my friends before I actually made an account!
I recommend thinking about why you should come out at all, and personally advice against it even if you may be accepted. This is a very personal identity. Also think about it if you do come out? You come out, it's over with. And things pretty much stay the same. You dont have to come out to figure out who your family or friends are either. Just talk to them about therianthropy or otherkin identity in general. Not yours, and you can walk away from the negativity ahead of time. As Kin and thinking outside the box. Sharing your identity can come off as being desperate for attention in the most negative way. If you want to make yourself known, wait for people to ask or you are put in the spot to defend yourself. I've come out before. It's a waste of time full of overthinking and emotion.
Bump

Good thread for younger therians.

Lyc
Thank you for making this thread. Unfortunately, I am still worried about what would happen if I came out as a therian.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's