Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: New Moderators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2017-07-03 10:25)Shmi Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I see! Would it be possible to write moderator/ admin changes down so that the confusion is... lesser? Like I saw Lycan was pink also and idk if that's temporary it permanent or what and it's useful not being confused on who is who as opposed to a random change. (Sorry if that came off as whiny, wasn't meant to be)

My apologies, Shmi.

BlackWolf mentioned wanting to re-join us on Saturday and upon speaking with the rest of the staff, who were all like "hell yes!", I promoted him back to admin, changed the orange name designation from "tech" to "site owner" and promoted myself, which will actually lessen confusion as before Dust and I were both site owners yet held different titles.

A little about BlackWolf. He was the lead admin here in 2015, his unwavering dedication to keeping this place safe, his compassion for it's members and his devotion to maintain TG as one of the best online therian communities out there parallel, if not overshadow, my own. Unfortunately, he had to leave in late 2015 and he passed the torch on to me.

In present context, I anticipate this site is going to continue it's growth, perhaps at an exponential rate even. I've become involved in a lot off-site and offline even and that's all aside from being extremely busy with work and now something unexpected that's come up with my kids and ex returning to PA over the weekend. BlackWolf is someone I know I can trust, just as much as I trust myself, to keep an eye on things around here. He's got a heart of gold, an unprecedented loyalty to family (TG) and he won't let any harm come to this site or it's members. He's done the job before and done it well enough to set the standard as to how it should be done.

So that's a bit of an explanation as to what's gone on and why the promotions/color changes, ect.

Essentially, TG is hella protected now ^_^
[Image: 2159812066_018b00402d.jpg]

Owners: Dust and myself
Admins: Black and Lupa
Supermods: Thorv and Sonja
Mods: BearX and Cupcake
Thanks for clearing that up, i was a little confused because to me he seemed very new and it was a sudden change but in the context i understand. If the name colours change meaning again please could they be explicitly announced? I dont think i would've got it otherwise
(2017-07-03 19:41)Shmi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for clearing that up, i was a little confused because to me he seemed very new and it was a sudden change but in the context i understand. If the name colours change meaning again please could they be explicitly announced? I dont think i would've got it otherwise

I've edited the post on name colors when we made the change.

Unfortunately post edits don't show up as a new post.

LP,
Dusty
(2017-07-03 23:05)DustWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-03 19:41)Shmi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for clearing that up, i was a little confused because to me he seemed very new and it was a sudden change but in the context i understand. If the name colours change meaning again please could they be explicitly announced? I dont think i would've got it otherwise

I've edited the post on name colors when we made the change.

Unfortunately post edits don't show up as a new post.

LP,
Dusty

Hey Dust we've had enough mod changes since April that I think we just need an announcement for it. I still get questions about it. I'ma go ahead and do that if that's ok? I know I need to make a new thread but I can just lock it :x
Sure.

(edited post to avoid duplicates xP)

LP,
Dusty
We've also added Skogulfr to the staff once again. She has served the forum and the community both as a member and as staff, since it's founding.

Thanks for rejoining us Heart
At this time, the staff of TG are honored to welcome elinox, Shuual and Zefer Nezumi among our ranks.

In the past, we've made announcements when we've had open positions on the staff but this time we decided to forego that part of our procedure for the reason that these three candidates really stood out to us as possessing the type of qualities that not only are what we look for in staff members but qualities that we feel will greatly benefit TG, hopefully for years to come.

Please give them a warm welcome Smile

Lyc
I'd add that if you signed up to be a mod but didn't get the position, please don't feel discouraged. There are a lot of factors that decide who we select as a mod and not all of them have anything to do with anything you might have said or done. We simply had a lot of very good candidates to choose from. Smile

I can say however that Shuual, Zefer and Elinox have shown that they care about TG and I think they will make an excellent addition to our crew.

You might also have noticed that the existing staff members were promoted -- Coffebear is now a supermod, as he's shown to be a very trustworthy and reliable staff member, who helped us with another unique perspective on various matters. BearX was a natural choice for admin given his technical skill and help he's done with various aspects of TG in the past (and he already had Admin privileges on the Discord anyway).

If you have any questions about the changes, please feel free to message either myself or Lycan. We can talk it over. There is nothing to worry about. Smile

LP,
Dusty
Thanks, I will do my very best to uphold the integrity and familial atmosphere TG strives to have.

*throws smart salute* I won't let you all down!
Fantastic choices all around, ought to be good for the community
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's