Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: Essay on Therianthropy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can appreciate your research, however even in my addled state I see some very curious assertions:
"Therianthropy came to light back in 2007 with the creation of a site called Werelist."

alt.horror.werewolves, and 1993-95, perhaps you had meant?

In January of 1995 the first questionnaire of participants (werecard) of AHWW with 'Personal Lycanthropy/Therianthropy' was posted. Everything before that had been 'Personal Lycanthropy.' Werecards continued to use 'Personal Lycanthropy/ Therianthropy' until 1996, when Personal Therianthropy took over. These are all readily available resources with minor research.

I can see dozens of curious, perplexing assertions and quite modern sources in your essay. I might go through with your permission and poke at all I can, if that is of any assistance to yourself?

LycanTheory Wrote:Informative and direct, excellent Big Grin

Is a proper assessment of this person's work more important, no, useful to her? And what do I get for all my free time?

[citation needed]

~a tiger.

Interesting article. Though a few things - the online therianthropy community dates back to 1993 and came about on alt.horror.werewolves. Also, Werelist actually dates back to before December 2000. (And was originally a community database for links to websites and a directory for weres the to add their information in hopes of finding others in their local. A forum was added in the early to mid 2000.)

If anyone is interested in the history of the therian community, we have a project we have been working on called The History of the Therian Community", which we've been working on and adding to over the years. (We haven't added everything to the website yet hence why the years only go up to 2007 as of yet.)

- Z (male, snowy owl)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's