Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: A Possible Explanation for the number of wolf therians
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Disclaimer: By no means can i say that this is genuine, merely speculation about an interesting phenomenon.

So I came across this article and it made me curious. The fact of Ethiopian wolves interacting with primates in a rather peaceful manner, as well as the scientists' speculation of that being the forerunner of the domestication of dogs made me think. Could similar interactions on an ancestral level cause their descendants (modern humans) to identify as canines? And that in turn, learning behavior from their canine neighbors helped the primates to develop the basis of therianthropy?

Mind you, this is all speculation and I really don't have much more to support this, but I'm curious as to what the rest of you think
I think its genus and I love the theory, on that note I get along better with wolf husky hybrids then humans, I have took care of three of those
That could be possible, and at the very least could be a small part of it.
I think humans are similar to canines in general, which makes dogs/wolves very easy for some people to feel a kinship with.

(2015-06-14 4:53)Nurona Wrote: [ -> ]So I came across this article and it made me curious. The fact of Ethiopian wolves interacting with primates in a rather peaceful manner, as well as the scientists' speculation of that being the forerunner of the domestication of dogs made me think. Could similar interactions on an ancestral level cause their descendants (modern humans) to identify as canines?

I've thought of this sort of thing as a possible explanation for my own therianthropy in the past.

I'm an interracial hybrid, and with such as me there is -- at least in genetics, quite a good probability that I would feature genetic characteristics typical of the last common ancestor between those two races, which I believe in my case to be a rather prehistoric one. My therianthropy could be nothing more than the characteristics of this last common ancestor, who perhaps needed to be predisposed to canine-like behaviour in order to survive.

Just one of the many possible explanations though.

LP,
Dusty

That's a pretty cool symbiosis. It shows a resemblance to the domestication process of dogs. It's a possibility that it's a foundation for therianthropy, but it's pretty hard to find out.The popularity level of wolves is of great influence in these modern days. Look at how many "wolf therians" are disappointed when hearing about the true character traits of wolves? That is, if they don't spontaneously start to deny everything you say.
I really like this theory and I think it could grow a lot. ALthough I've noticed (at least with the Wolf "Therians" I've talked to) that most of them claim to be able to shift under the full moon... I've never really encountered it here but I see it all the time and I think some people just really want attention which gives a bad rep for wolf therians as a whole. But yeah super enjoyable thread to read and learned a lot.

(2016-01-10 1:08)Okan Wrote: [ -> ]I really like this theory and I think it could grow a lot. ALthough I've noticed (at least with the Wolf "Therians" I've talked to) that most of them claim to be able to shift under the full moon... I've never really encountered it here but I see it all the time and I think some people just really want attention which gives a bad rep for wolf therians as a whole. But yeah super enjoyable thread to read and learned a lot.

Yeah you won't find people trying to pull that here for long Tongue

I think it's definitely a possibility! I never knew about this til now, that's really interesting.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
It's an interesting theory! I think maybe if that were the case though, there would also be similar if not equal levels of cat and horse therians, since those animals also interacted very closely with humanity's primitive ancestors. There's also some speculation that rather than the wolves we're familiar with today, dogs may have evolved from an ancestor that no longer exists in the wild. If you're curious, here's an article I found pretty interesting! https://www.livescience.com/42649-dogs-closest-wolf-ancestors-extinct.html
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's