Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: About Polymorphs-!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-Basically, a "polymorph" is an alterhuman that has a theriotype that is always changing, kind of like a shapeshifter-! The alterhuman in question may experience shifts of 1 animal at a time, or possibly even multiple (most common in phantom shifts) for example, feeling a wolf tail, and a bird's wings. These do change, though. Sometimes, the person may experience having a seperate identity to this too though. For example: experiencing shifts and strong connection of a red fox; AS WELL AS of always changing creatures-!

-Polymorph vs Polytherian
-A polymorph theriotypes change very frequently, while a polytherian's just stay the same. A polytherian has more than 1 theriotype.
-Please do not jump to the conclusion that you are a polymorph quickly after learning about your therianthropy as it is common to get your kintype wrong-!

-How did I find out that I was a polymorph/my experiences.
-I had been having major struggles finding my theriotype as well, it was constantly changing. When I thought that I had finally found my (second) kintype, I decided to draw it, write about my shifts etc. I noticed that when I was doing this, I would research the animal that I thought it was, as you should. The animals that I researched, I felt a super strong connection with. And it felt like ME-! But these really didn't last too long. Years go on and I experience many shifts. Mainly of dragons. Some of Reindeers, Dogs, Cats, Wolves, Tigers, Crocodiles, maybe even mixed species. Although again- these animals were constantly changing, I would rarley have a shift of the same animal-! I KNEW that I had a second theriotype but, what could it be-?
-A few months ago, I came across the term of a polymorph. I heard of others describing their experiences and it just felt so close to home.

-But. How can you have multiple kintypes if they are constantly changing-? I need an explanation-!
-For me at least- I have always felt a strong connection to dragons. Had dragon shifts, etc. I am comftable in my dragon identity and I never stopped having this connection with dragons. Although with my polymorph side, the creatures here are always changing, unlike my dragon.

-Hopefully this all makes sense-! If you have any questions feel free to ask. :3

(2022-10-24 19:06)OrdinaryDragon Wrote: [ -> ]-Please note that polymorphs, are, from what I have seen, extremelly rare. Please do not jump to the conclusion that you are a polymorph quickly after learning about your therianthropy as it is common to get your kintype wrong-!

Nah, I don't think they are as I have met many polymorphs, and this kind of thinking can alienate people into being scared of identifying as something because they feel that they could be called a faker etc.

My girlfriend is a polymorph but doesn't really want to admit it Laugh
Whenever I say she should get over it she agrees that she is one. Basically for her it feels like she's constantly questioning new therio- or kintypes. All experiences she has are equally as intense and really feel like her. Sometimes she has the guts to confirm a type, which I don't hear about ever again! She sometimes has rare creatures that she hasn't identified as yet, like a rose (plantkin), void/spacekin, and a border collie, but she also has more frequently occurring shifts such as dragons, faeries, were-canines, and cats.

She still is, however polytherian/polykin and polymorph simultaneously. Her polymorph side is an ever-changing identity, but she also has a constant starseed identity that isn't related to her polymorph side. So it's not like polymorphs cannot have steady therio-/kintypes indeed.
That's really cool-! It definetly feels a lot like something I would do, confirming a theriotype to never hear about again, haha. I honestly thought that polymorphs were just uncommon, but I guess it does make sense if they wanted to hide the fact- for a lot of people.. pretty much being a "shapeshifter" seems a bit silly, although it's a very real thing.
I also get rare creatures- they are usually quite random, like a Trexiod creature with angel wings, yk, random stuff like that. Maybe even plants, although very rarley. It's certianly a very interesting concept, polymorphs-!
Smile
There are several threads regarding polymorphs already here.

Let me know if you'd like your thread merged into one of those. Wink
AHHHHHHH Its nice to meet another Polymoprh! i had the very much the excat same experance as you and yeah trying to figure yourself out when you are a polymoprh can be insanly tricky cause just like you i was constasntly reaserching as one thing would feel me then the next it be somthing else it wasnt until i desscribed to a few therian freinds i know and they explained to me what a Polymoprh is and it just clicked and stayed that way ever since i do have more than one kintype which always stay but every so often i feel somthing new due to the polymoprh side of me the amount of years of confusion it caused me but yeah once it clicks and you embrace it and just accpet it is a pretty good feeling Smile but yeah nice to meet a fellow Polymoprh

as for us being rare i honestly thought that to and cause of that i was scared of being open about it and my shifts and just ended with me feeling depressed but if you open up you actually do end up finding out that there is actually quite a few of us about and it is a nice feeling ^^
Reference URL's