Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: How to pronounce "therian"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the proper pronunciation of therian? I was wondering because I've heard it as both theh-ree-uhn and te-ree-uhn.
It is Th-air-ee-en. I have heard the "te-ree-uhn" pronunciation because of accents, or regional pronunciation differences. Both are likely acceptable, but the former is correct.
It depends on where you're from!

I've heard it "th-air-ee-an" like there-ee-an. But I've also heard it "th-eerie-an" like theory-an". I say it with "eerie" in the middle.

(2022-10-11 13:25)BearX Wrote: [ -> ]It is Th-air-ee-en.

I just pronounce it how it comes naturally in Slovenian and interestingly this is how it comes out.

The same trick also works for pronouncing GIF (the image format).

LP,
Dusty

(2022-10-11 18:20)elinox Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on where you're from!

I've heard it "th-air-ee-an" like there-ee-an. But I've also heard it "th-eerie-an" like theory-an". I say it with "eerie" in the middle.

i also pronounce it like that

I also pronounce th-air-ee-en, just seems more natural for me than any other pronounciation.

(2022-10-11 21:54)QuestioningTherian14 Wrote: [ -> ]

(2022-10-11 18:20)elinox Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on where you're from!

i also pronounce it like that

yeah sameBig Grin

I pronounce it as teh-ree-an, I blame PD and Thorn for that. I also personally find the other pronunciations weirdly mystical.

(2022-10-12 13:27)Bubbles Wrote: [ -> ]I pronounce it as teh-ree-an, I blame PD and Thorn for that. I also personally find the other pronunciations weirdly mystical.

yeah the reason i asked was because i was watching one of PD's videos and someone elses (i forget who) and they both pronounced it like that

I go with th-ee-ree-un. That’s how my brain reads it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's