READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

the Therian Guide academy archives
DustWolf
dUwUlf
Theriotype: Canis Lupus, Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 

the Therian Guide academy archives
Hey guys,

So I thought here might be a good place to elaborate a bit on our plan to create a TG Academy:
https://forums.therian-guide.com/Thread-...#pid174647

As I mentioned in the announcement the idea here is to create threads, to help people learn useful things about therianthropy, but also to create materials people can use to prepare for the "exams". These would of course be optional things, intended purely to help you understand your therianthropy.

I would like to ask for your help in writing threads on these subjects (and then if it makes sense to do so, we will take your threads and collect them into a kind of textbook).

Please take into account that I'm not an expert on therianthropy any more than the next person, so I'm kinda winging it with these categories. However I hope that these make sense to other people as well beside me. If not, lets talk about it...

1. Persistence of the animal experience (Click to View)
  2. Satisfying animal needs (Click to View)
  3. Self-perception (Click to View)
  4. Human therian experiences (Click to View)
  5. Delusion and mental illness (Click to View)
  6. Spirituality (Click to View)

You could either make these threads from scratch or find them and suggest them for inclusion under the individual courses.

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2020-04-14 21:01 by DustWolf.)
2020-04-13 12:28
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
dUwUlf
tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 

RE: the Therian Guide academy archives
@Vintage has suggested that we could use existing resources instead of writing our own.

We would need the author's permission to use them and display them publically.

If you know of any please respond with links and suggest under which course to include them.

LP,
Dusty

2020-04-14 23:19
Save
Give Thanks
Blayz
Copy cat
Theriotype: Wolfdog
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 

The outline is a great start IMO. The only thing that I can suggest to add off the top of my head is that some informed discussion about ASD, Schitzphrenia, personality and bipolar disorders should also be added to the chapter about mental illness, as certain aspects of these conditions may be important for therians to know about.

@Vintage I agree with the suggestion to use existing threads with permission when possible. Rewriting everything from scratch would not only be a massive undertaking, it would be somewhat redundant and likely insulting to those who have already invested their effort into explaining these things.

[Image: xK5y95d.jpg]

"I am Crescent Moon,
First light to pierce the darkness,
Last light to fade away."
(Shifting Worlds 'Spark of Evil')
2020-04-15 10:10
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
Away
Phantom Menace
Theriotype: Wolf, Succubus, etc.
tick 
silvertick 

(2020-04-15 10:10)Blayz Wrote:  @Vintage I agree with the suggestion to use existing threads with permission when possible. Rewriting everything from scratch would not only be a massive undertaking, it would be somewhat redundant and likely insulting to those who have already invested their effort into explaining these things.

Yeah, I'd agree that - where we can, we should use the threads that have already been made. It wouldn't make a member feel very happy if someone rewrote something that a previous member went into detail about and got credit for it. That's not to say these things don't happen - just that if a member wrote a really good long essay about Dysphoria five years ago, and another member wrote an essay about it yesterday and both of them didn't get quoted into the academy...that would be a bit upsetting.

Also, I'd like to suggest that not all input has to be in essay format. You could include things like different therian based opinions and thoughts through quotes from members, if the member was okay with it, in order to make things more personal and/or relatable to the reader. Such as a certain number of therians speaking about their experience with spirituality for example. I'd personally recommend choosing a number of quotes/members that would be relatively consistent (such as five per quoted subject matter), but shaking up which members quotes are taken from in order to make it look inclusive.
2020-04-15 14:15
Save
Give Thanks
Vintage
Sword with a 'Z'
Theriotype: Wolf, Zhuard....horse hearted & crow hearted
silvertick 

Yes we can gather some articles on the main topics when permission is granted, I think additions can be made if something important is left out. TherianNation, House of Chimeras and Werelist all have large archives concerning these topics, but that's all I know of right now.

Timber wolf therian-- Zhuardarian changeling-- horse/crow hearted

~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, losing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~
2020-04-16 20:57
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
dUwUlf
tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 

Hi,

(2020-04-13 12:28)DustWolf Wrote:  2. Satisfying animal needs

Think Amino "self-care packs". While I don't necessarily believe in any intrinsic value of such things to therians, they do touch upon the needs of our wild counterparts, which is after all useful knowledge when dealing with therianthropy.

Here I was looking with added emphasis to the needs of social theriotypes, where the need for online gathering may have something to do with the needs of the particular theriotype. Or perhaps, for those who experience the need for physical social contact from their theriotype: The role of Howls.

For my case, I experience my theriotype's need for hierarchy, though I understand I am fairly unique in that.

A need of animals that may be experienced by therians is also the need for calm safe environments such as forests, oceans, etc. It would be nice to have a thread which kind of elaborates upon some of such needs and demonstrates on how they occur in therians.

This one is "done":
https://forums.therian-guide.com/Thread-...imal-needs

I'm not sure if we actually need these things to be much more elaborate, as long as they get the point across. Of course your are free to add some variety or suggest corrections with your replies.

LP,
Dusty

2020-04-19 11:03
Save
Give Thanks