READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Wolves do not howl when excited
elinox
Blaidd Drwg
Theriotype: Beastie
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick tick 

RE: Wolves do not howl when excited
I'm going to echo @Kisota here in that wolves DO howl when happy/excited. I've personally seen them do so, in the wild, from less than a mile away. The pack came back together after several members were away so there were sniffs, posturing, submission displays, tail wagging, and a group howl.

[Image: sGaXcqG.png]
wolf & clouded leopard | 37 | writer & published author | scuba diver | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFP | eclectic Wiccan witch
2020-02-03 15:12
Save
Give Thanks
lunaXsilvermoon
Prodigious Polykin
Theriotype: (Primary) Mackenzie Valley Wolf, there are more
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 

RE: Wolves do not howl when excited
I agree with the above. I feel as though my human emotions do have an affect on my vocalizations if I ever make them. I don't make them often, honestly, but I rarely howl when I'm excited. Excitement means more of a whimpering urge for me than any type of howl. I also tend to not be able to stay still.
However, since we can't really go into the minds of animals, we can only really study their behavior and go off our own experiences. ~ Luna, The Saccharine System

Luna Silvermoon(Milos)
Polykin + Plural System + Pagan Witch
Always here for a chat!
2020-02-03 15:29
Save
Give Thanks