READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Closed 
Why TG is here and why TG may close.
Rupee
Copy cat
Theriotype: River Otter
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick 

RE: Why TG is here and why TG may close.
Out of curiosity:
I obviously haven't been here for nearly as long as you guys, but as I've browsed these forums, I see literally nothing wrong. I see peaceful arguments and ideas. This is one of the friendliest forums I've ever been to.
The only 'impending doom' I can see here is this forum ending up like the Bob the Pleo forums and AIBOLIfe- eventually everyone will just dissapear. I suppose you could say all forums like this will evenually become 'Ghost Towns' with a few remaining members.
Obviously I can not convey what TG used to be like, as I was never here before. But what do you mean by 'not like it used to be?'
I think this term has been thrown around a bit too loosley.

Also- has the 'private site' thing already been introduced?

~Rupee
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-14 23:50 by Rupee.)
2015-04-14 23:43
Save
Give Thanks
Neon Rosettes
Away
Way/Wayway/Neon/Rose
Theriotype: Jaguar
tick 
silvertick 

(2015-04-14 23:43)Rupee Wrote:  Out of curiosity:
I obviously haven't been here for nearly as long as you guys, but as I've browsed these forums, I see literally nothing wrong. I see peaceful arguments and ideas. This is one of the friendliest forums I've ever been to.
The only 'impending doom' I can see here is this forum ending up like the Bob the Pleo forums and AIBOLIfe- eventually everyone will just dissapear. I suppose you could say all forums like this will evenually become 'Ghost Towns' with a few remaining members.
Obviously I can not convey what TG used to be like, as I was never here before. But what do you mean by 'not like it used to be?'

There were moments of drama, but I think Euipoi only came around the site when summoned because of drama, and had a bit of a skewed view of how things were going. Obviously there isn't any drama now.

Everyone has a different take on what old TG was like, but honestly, it was similar to how things are now, albeit with more maturity (because really young members weren't so commonplace like they are now).

The private site thing hasn't been introduced, and currently I think that's probably for the best.
2015-04-15 1:30
Save
Give Thanks
Rupee
Copy cat
Theriotype: River Otter
Contribution: tick 

(2015-04-15 1:30)Wayward Vagabond Wrote:  
(2015-04-14 23:43)Rupee Wrote:  Out of curiosity:

There were moments of drama, but I think Euipoi only came around the site when summoned because of drama, and had a bit of a skewed view of how things were going. Obviously there isn't any drama now.

Everyone has a different take on what old TG was like, but honestly, it was similar to how things are now, albeit with more maturity (because really young members weren't so commonplace like they are now).

The private site thing hasn't been introduced, and currently I think that's probably for the best.
Most likely. Thanks for clearing that up.

~Rupee
2015-04-15 14:04
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
Away
Phantom Menace
Theriotype: Wolf, Succubus, etc.
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 

This thread is very old, and I'm sorry for resurrecting it...but the forum isn't going to be taken down anytime soon is it? I sort of stumbled across this while looking at Euipoi's posts (I was curious where she was,) so...I mean I'd hate to see this place close down because it's such a huge breath of fresh air compared to other forums. Sad

For those curious, my avatar was created by Rettriverr
2016-06-04 7:21
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
the 5G K9
Theriotype: Canis Lupus, Wolf
Connection: Psychological
tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 

(2016-06-04 7:21)Ishvala Wrote:  This thread is very old, and I'm sorry for resurrecting it...but the forum isn't going to be taken down anytime soon is it? I sort of stumbled across this while looking at Euipoi's posts (I was curious where she was,) so...I mean I'd hate to see this place close down because it's such a huge breath of fresh air compared to other forums. Sad

TG is here to stay.

Though your continued aversion to drama is much appreciated.

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
2016-06-04 7:30
Save
Give Thanks
LycanTheory
Doggo
Theriotype: Shepherd dog
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

From both of the forum's co-owners, TG is here to stay. Smile

This old thread could essentially be archived but it reflects a time when we were going through some "growing pains", if you will, and I think it's important to leave up to reflect on those times, not only to see how far we've come, but to reference our past mistakes in going forward.

[Image: Lycan.png]
"It takes incredible strength and courage to be different from everybody else, but it's a good thing."
2016-06-04 13:10
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
Away
Phantom Menace
Theriotype: Wolf, Succubus, etc.
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
tick 
silvertick 

That's such a relief, thank you so much for getting back to me.

Now...I'll just mosey on outta' this reflective thread-pile. Tongue

For those curious, my avatar was created by Rettriverr
2016-06-04 14:22
Save
Give Thanks
Edel
New
Theriotype: Timber wolf
Contribution:

I don't think you should close it. Then I would actually be alone if this site were to shut down. I really like it here.

"The free spirit follows the path of the lone wolf."
2016-06-05 4:12
Save
Give Thanks
KZ Fox
Eager beaver
Theriotype: Foxy
Contribution: tick tick 

(2016-06-05 4:12)Edel Wrote:  I don't think you should close it. Then I would actually be alone if this site were to shut down. I really like it here.

I wouldn't worry.

TG isn't a door you can close. It's more like a hole you accidentally fall down.
You could put a door on that hole, but the community would just dig its way into a new hole and be the same thing under another name. TG is very much developed by its members. And there are no competition sites, only other holes, rooms shared or not shared. Back in the day we used to join each others' forums but these days social networking and media has pulled more extraverted people especially away from forums and BBS.

It's unlikely to happen and many of us have resources.
2016-06-05 4:25
Save
Give Thanks
LycanTheory
Doggo
Theriotype: Shepherd dog
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

@DustWolf and myself have decided to sell the site, due to it's insanely high SEO rating, to these bird people.

While we regret this decision, the offer they made us was simply too lucrative to refuse.

We'll send everyone a free t-shirt.

Thanks for everything <3
Lycan

[Image: Lycan.png]
"It takes incredible strength and courage to be different from everybody else, but it's a good thing."
2017-04-01 16:25
Save
Give Thanks
Thread Closed