READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Closed 
Why TG is here and why TG may close.
Calypso
New
Theriotype: Coywolf
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution:

RE: Why TG is here and why TG may close.
(2015-01-26 23:00)Euipoi Wrote:  2. Make TG a completly private website in which you must be invited to join. So i can weed out anyone who sparks up nonsense BULLSHIT activity that has absolutely nothing to do with therianthropy about events that you should be SOLVING yourself instead of getting mad and blaming everybody.
I totally support this. If people are being a problem, they don't NEED to be on this site.

Sometimes we have to wait for us to find ourselves.
2015-02-15 16:54
Save
Give Thanks
Eersian
Pathological Liar - Banned
Theriotype:
Experience: Human
tick tick 

(2015-02-15 16:54)Calypso Wrote:  
(2015-01-26 23:00)Euipoi Wrote:  2. Make TG a completly private website in which you must be invited to join. So i can weed out anyone who sparks up nonsense BULLSHIT activity that has absolutely nothing to do with therianthropy about events that you should be SOLVING yourself instead of getting mad and blaming everybody.
I totally support this. If people are being a problem, they don't NEED to be on this site.

I guess I'll go since I'm not therian Sad
2015-02-15 17:08
Save
Give Thanks
Fjell
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: -
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick tick 

(2015-02-15 17:08)Eersian Wrote:  

Woahwoahwoah you certainly don't need to go just because you're not a therian! We have a few non-therians here who are awesome members, just like you Eers!
2015-02-15 17:11
Save
Give Thanks
Calico
grey ghost
Theriotype: Cougar
Connection: Psychological
tick 
silvertick silvertick 

(2015-02-15 17:08)Eersian Wrote:  

It doesn't matter whether or not you're a therian, but it has to be understood that this is a therianthropy site and that's what the discussion here should primarily be focused around.
2015-02-15 17:13
Save
Give Thanks
Eersian
Pathological Liar - Banned
Theriotype:
Experience: Human
tick tick 

I guess I'll try to find something to say even though I can't relate to a lot.
2015-02-15 17:22
Save
Give Thanks
Nasu
The servant without any master
Theriotype: Arctic Wolf And human

I think this site has been doing very good recently, i dont know of any very recent problems
everyone seems happy'ish wish i hope they always would be

If Euipoi tells me a monthly coast to the website i will try to pay for a large amount of it once i get work,
I will never have allot of money but i do feel i should contribute once I can

(possible gibberish)
I looked up the definition of drama once i realized i only knew when people say it as
"an exciting, emotional, or unexpected series of events or set of circumstances."

I am an emotional person, if i was not i would be dead but most of the time i think im fairly happy ^~^
so im going to turn into a ghost or learn to, i already am one in real life but eh writings my art

I thought of making a new profile because of how i am known
and i realize many people dont shout when im on
(funny that non of them are people i who fought with me)

Im also to damn wrapped in everything @.@

but i thought that would be wrong of me to come here with a different name
I will simply learn how to say things as i physically would and not talk much
If i caused any real trouble i am sorry for it.

To me any site that acts like family will not be of data, but of community
data reminds me of robots and dead life, not things of of healthy souls or individuals
I like to learn from others rather then to have just a data base

I guess that is why im bad at paper work haha

so yeah il back off more, I helped one person here in the way i once helped many
being on here so much wast's the things i could do for others
2015-03-13 10:29
Save
Give Thanks
Chace120394
Angel of Suffering
Theriotype: Wolf/Angel
Experience: Therian, Otherkin

Well, I would like to reply to this. I'm a little shocked by the outburst, and obviously don't know what happened to cause it, but.
Shutting down the site, in my opinion, would be a terrible idea. I personally have yet to find any other site I can go to for specifically therians and otherkin. Shutting it down might put a lot of people back into the mindset of being terribly alone, and I don't like that idea..
Making this a private site with only a referral to get in sounds good. But have you ever found a site like that and didn't know anyone to get in? I have, and I hate it. I absolutely, totally, completely hate it. I see sites that I would love to be a part of the community, and yet, I can't join because I don't know anybody on the inside.

I feel like maybe one of two ideas would work:

1. We have a warning system put in place. After x amount of warnings, you get banned and you can't return.
Or, we could try having a privilege system.
The first x amount of time you're here, you're watched more closely, and at the end of the trial period, the admins/mods will decide whether you're mature enough to stay or not.

Because that's really what it comes down to: maturity. If you aren't mature enough to keep the crap off the floor, ceiling, walls and body, you shouldn't be in the house. But if you can appropriately use the toilet, stay!

I don't mean this to be a "I hate your ideas, get your thumb out of your ass and take mine." sort of comment, but from my perspective and where I am within the community, I don't think your ideas are as user-friendly as you may think.
2015-03-17 20:48
Save
Give Thanks
Calico
grey ghost
Theriotype: Cougar
Connection: Psychological
tick 
silvertick silvertick 

(2015-03-17 20:48)Chace120394 Wrote:  1. We have a warning system put in place. After x amount of warnings, you get banned and you can't return.

We do have a warning system in place, it can be read about here
2015-03-17 21:20
Save
Give Thanks
Chace120394
Angel of Suffering
Theriotype: Wolf/Angel

Calico: I learned that after; I also wasn't aware that this post was somewhat outdated.
2015-03-18 0:15
Save
Give Thanks
Syro
Wolfenknight
Theriotype: Wolf, Demon, Dragon and a new unknown
Contribution: tick 
silvertick 

Im glad this is being addressed, I myself have been thinking and feeling that this site hasent been feeling the way it used to and ita sad but I really dont wanna lose this place so im willing to do all I can to help euipoi I love this place and everyone Involved with the site but your right the drama needs to stop and I appollgize if I have contributed to the drama myself

Always ready to listen and help as best I can because your family

~Avatar cred to Kokoro
2015-04-07 4:08
Save
Give Thanks
Thread Closed