(2015-01-29 4:14)dormant lullaby Wrote: My response for the starting post ☺
1. From my experience, Therian groups are tend to be drama prone regardless of the variable. Not sure what the deal is there, but it really hasn't changed at all in 10+ years. LJ just changed to Tumblr, and MySpace to Facebook. Drama will still abound.
2. 2011/2012? Only a few people? Hm… the online otherkin and therian communities to my knowledge have existed since the 90s. Some before then in smaller groups… either way, some ego to believe that the “drama” started anywhere specific, or within a specific time frame, or site. Especially when you think you have anything to do with it
3. It does not help that most of the sites are run by teenagers, or otherwise be so 'open minded' to allow children to basically just "play pretend" on what's supposed to be a serious topic which is...
4. NOT helping real therians and otherkin. As much as some of you think fiction-kin are A-OKAY, they are really not doing anything positive for the outsiders looking in.
5. We may all have human meat suits, but we are not all the same. We need to accept that we come from different walks of life and accept our differences. It’s okay. We don’t have to be family to be friendly with one another, but we’re still, for the most part, strangers.
6. You don’t get paid to keep the forum up. Okay. Well, I’m not sure who asked you to even pay for it. There are free websites and forums you can make. TG doesn’t have to “die” because you can’t pay for it.
7. Again… “DRAMA DRAMA” will exist until the end of time. No one site or person is “stuck” on drama. It is no way a new phenomenon. It’s human nature. It just happens.
8. Drama wars… meh. I think sometimes they are necessary. People are just trying to find their own tribe. Sometimes fighting is a great way to learn more about a person. It’s kind of hard to socialize with people in a different age group, with different goals, aspirations, etc. Having tiffs here and there are just social challenges… testing the metal, so it were.
9. Therian kindergarten! Hahaha. Well, you kind of ARE running a kindergarten around here… you forget some of the members’ ages already?
10. Easier way to run a site. Do it for free… like many other online communities have and continue to do so. It’s great to have a dream, but obviously there are things that are lacking in TG that hold any solid foundation for reasonable growth. It’s kind of just chaos… but then again, I guess that’s the natural way. Any new community or group has to have its’ ups and downs before leveling out. Keeping its’ serious folks and leaving the others behind, for the good of the group.
11. “I am simply a person and I can not MAKE you stop acting like an idiot even if i wanted to.”
Well, welcome to the world. Welcome, more specifically, to the Internet.
Sometimes your better judgment might insult someone. But there has to be a point where you put your foot down. Putting boundaries and not letting just anyone do anything they want. I’m not saying put a “no fighting” or “no arguments” sign on every section… allow people to fight, if remained civil, if they want to. But also use your common sense, too.
12. “I just don't feel like any therian or otherkin communities are what they used to be anymore.“
That is, in part, due to the sheer amount of BS being allowed to slip through the cracks. More and more people are just ‘accepted’ without a lot of questioning, or prodding. And, well, like most things today… MUS breeds even more MUS. (Made Up Sh*t) ☺ Vicious cycle. Not saying we should be rude to people, but taking a stand for common sense and even just a little bit of reason, can go a long way...
1. Drama is always everyplace but it has increased.
2. Things boomed during this time, if you look at statistics.
3. Most people discover themselves at a young age.
4. I'm not going to argue to you about fictionkin, im very skeptical about it but im not going to shove anyone away.
5. mkay. yes!
6. nobody asked me to pay for it. It was something i started to benefit other members and have a legit spot in GOOGLE when the terms "therian" was searched. If you want a serious website there are things that need to be done. Prices change.
7. It does but there is a point where things just get OUT OF HAND.
8. Drama needs to be off TG, and ive been in plenty of drama free communities and it doesn't need to happen. Ive run multiple websites, drama always creates bad things.
9. Less then half are pups.
10. LOL who takes freehosting sites seriously? There is limited space and they die off so fast (unless your lucky) and you hardly have access to change anything, Google laughs at it, and we wouldn't be recognized as much. Oh and if the free hosting wants to they can randomly shut down. If we had a free hosted website we wouldn't have half the features or recognition we do. If you study Search engine optimization, website ranking, and how serious people take websites on domain names then you would know this. Like I said i made this site for people to ENJOY, which most are doing the opposite.
11. Obviously its the world, and that's what i POINTED out in that statement.
12. There is no "questioning" how can you tell somebody they are or are not if you do not feel their personal experiences and this is why i said that there are NO RULES in therianthropy, just a few boundaries.