READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Closed 
Why TG is here and why TG may close.
Raz
Away
Rewr
Theriotype: Dragon, Reptile
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick tick 

RE: Why TG is here and why TG may close.
(2015-01-28 21:37)cunningwolf Wrote:  If this sight is gone I will have nothing...

Hey Cunningwolf, If you ever need someone to talk with, you know I'm here for you, right? Smile Also, don't worry. I'm sure TG will be fine.
2015-01-28 21:41
Save
Give Thanks
Beck
Certzi
Theriotype: Arctic Fox & Fictionkin
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick 

(2015-01-28 21:41)Raz Wrote:  
(2015-01-28 21:37)cunningwolf Wrote:  If this sight is gone I will have nothing...

Hey Cunningwolf, If you ever need someone to talk with, you know I'm here for you, right? Smile Also, don't worry. I'm sure TG will be fine.

I second that Smile You can always talk to me. And no worries we're doing our best to fix everything and make sure this place stays secure ^w^

“Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.”
~The Fox (The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
2015-01-28 22:17
Save
Give Thanks
Astromars
United Wolves and Loyal Destiny
Theriotype: Vancouver Island Wolf

Sorry to interrupt here,but I think you should move that conversation to a private level,it's not the appropriate area to talk about it Smile

[Image: Wolfcover_zps5dad633d.jpg]

"Truth is many people will hurt you.You just have to find the ones worth suffering for"
2015-01-28 22:22
Save
Give Thanks
Louvel
As Above, So Below
Theriotype: Yukon Wolf/Melanistic Leopard/FallenAngelKin

I was wondering what about genuine therians that wish to join what happens to them? I agree with the above.

As above, so below, as within, so without, as the universe, so the soul…
~Hermes Trismegistus
2015-01-28 22:25
Save
Give Thanks
Beck
Certzi
Theriotype: Arctic Fox & Fictionkin

(2015-01-28 22:22)Astromars Wrote:  Sorry to interrupt here,but I think you should move that conversation to a private level,it's not the appropriate area to talk about it Smile

Oh I was just making sure Cunning knows not to worry ^w^ We're gonna get this site up and running again.

Oh and Louvel, we're still trying to work out a way to make it work. I'm sure once we do it will be announced in detail :3

“Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.”
~The Fox (The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
2015-01-28 22:30
Save
Give Thanks
Raz
Away
Rewr
Theriotype: Dragon, Reptile
tick tick 

(2015-01-28 22:25)Louvel Wrote:  I was wondering what about genuine therians that wish to join what happens to them? I agree with the above.

I suppose they could always contact a staff member about permission to join. Explain their reasonings, wanting to join, etc.
2015-01-28 22:30
Save
Give Thanks
Kairen
4 Tails Are More Snuggly Than One
Theriotype: Kitsune
Contribution:

Because this hasn't been said yet........ Let me say something.

Believe it or not, but the internet is host to a tiny little monster called a "troll" (not talking to any of you mythological trolls if you are here)......... These nasty little devils like to come into popular sites like this and INTENTIONALLY cause trouble. Some are easy to identify because they are obvious in their attacks......but most......most trolls hide, blend in, waiting for the opportunity to attack. They feed on drama and just LOVE to see sites shut down because of their actions.

Don't give in to their tactics.

I do think that some actual, legitimate members cause drama too.....and I would encourage others to avoid causing it.....

But remember, we are still all living in human bodies.....we make mistakes......we accidentally cause problems.....so have patience with each other.

[That's all I can think to add]

I'm a fox that loves snuggles and will gladly give you one if asked Smile
2015-01-29 3:52
Save
Give Thanks
dormant lullaby
Banned
Theriotype: HLV | Sanguinarian
Experience: (therian?), (otherkin?)

My response for the starting post ☺

1. From my experience, Therian groups are tend to be drama prone regardless of the variable. Not sure what the deal is there, but it really hasn't changed at all in 10+ years. LJ just changed to Tumblr, and MySpace to Facebook. Drama will still abound.

2. 2011/2012? Only a few people? Hm… the online otherkin and therian communities to my knowledge have existed since the 90s. Some before then in smaller groups… either way, some ego to believe that the “drama” started anywhere specific, or within a specific time frame, or site. Especially when you think you have anything to do with it Tongue

3. It does not help that most of the sites are run by teenagers, or otherwise be so 'open minded' to allow children to basically just "play pretend" on what's supposed to be a serious topic which is...

4. NOT helping real therians and otherkin. As much as some of you think fiction-kin are A-OKAY, they are really not doing anything positive for the outsiders looking in.

5. We may all have human meat suits, but we are not all the same. We need to accept that we come from different walks of life and accept our differences. It’s okay. We don’t have to be family to be friendly with one another, but we’re still, for the most part, strangers.

6. You don’t get paid to keep the forum up. Okay. Well, I’m not sure who asked you to even pay for it. There are free websites and forums you can make. TG doesn’t have to “die” because you can’t pay for it.

7. Again… “DRAMA DRAMA” will exist until the end of time. No one site or person is “stuck” on drama. It is no way a new phenomenon. It’s human nature. It just happens.

8. Drama wars… meh. I think sometimes they are necessary. People are just trying to find their own tribe. Sometimes fighting is a great way to learn more about a person. It’s kind of hard to socialize with people in a different age group, with different goals, aspirations, etc. Having tiffs here and there are just social challenges… testing the metal, so it were.

9. Therian kindergarten! Hahaha. Well, you kind of ARE running a kindergarten around here… you forget some of the members’ ages already? Hamster Dance

10. Easier way to run a site. Do it for free… like many other online communities have and continue to do so. It’s great to have a dream, but obviously there are things that are lacking in TG that hold any solid foundation for reasonable growth. It’s kind of just chaos… but then again, I guess that’s the natural way. Any new community or group has to have its’ ups and downs before leveling out. Keeping its’ serious folks and leaving the others behind, for the good of the group.

11. “I am simply a person and I can not MAKE you stop acting like an idiot even if i wanted to.”

Well, welcome to the world. Welcome, more specifically, to the Internet.

Sometimes your better judgment might insult someone. But there has to be a point where you put your foot down. Putting boundaries and not letting just anyone do anything they want. I’m not saying put a “no fighting” or “no arguments” sign on every section… allow people to fight, if remained civil, if they want to. But also use your common sense, too.

12. “I just don't feel like any therian or otherkin communities are what they used to be anymore.“
That is, in part, due to the sheer amount of BS being allowed to slip through the cracks. More and more people are just ‘accepted’ without a lot of questioning, or prodding. And, well, like most things today… MUS breeds even more MUS. (Made Up Sh*t) ☺ Vicious cycle. Not saying we should be rude to people, but taking a stand for common sense and even just a little bit of reason, can go a long way...
2015-01-29 4:14
Save
Give Thanks
House Of Chimeras
Historian
Theriotype: aelurodon, frillshark, blueglacus, redtailhawk,etc

In 2009, I recall there being at several dozen therian forums alone, plus several Facebook groups, still a number of Yahoo groups active, the Livejounral community groups (numbering in over a dozen active) was thriving, Werespace was online along with other nings, etc. That is just for the therian community alone (not including the general otherkin community).

(2015-01-29 4:14)dormant lullaby Wrote:  4. NOT helping real therians and otherkin. As much as some of you think fiction-kin are A-OKAY, they are really not doing anything positive for the outsiders looking in.
So what you want to force therian/fictionkin who have members of the therian community going on 10 years out of the therian community because *you* have a fear about an image problem?

Also, love the "real" being placed in front of therians and otherkin. (Got to love how magically one's identity can be seen as less real once you find a fictional animal haunting similar to the species identity you've had since childhood.)

- Cavern-Risen
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-29 13:16 by House Of Chimeras.)
2015-01-29 13:15
Save
Give Thanks
dormant lullaby
Banned
Theriotype: HLV | Sanguinarian
Experience: (therian?), (otherkin?)

It's not a fear. It happens very plainly, everyday. There are people who are legit and can explain themselves with reason, often very intelligently (which in turn paints a respectful picture) and there are people who either need some mental help or need to stop fooling themselves into thinking they're something they aren't. (The picture that all kin are "insane" and have nothing better to do.

The description in your last paragraph is an explanation. A reasonable measurement with thought and relation to ones own experience... Not "I'm a Pokemon because I like them." There is a clear difference between real and pretend in the way it plays out. Ones actual claimed kintype is not the problem... It's how people present it, or show they lack the wherewithal to explain themselves to someone who may not understand.

Really it's the difference between "fluff" and someone who actually takes it seriously.
2015-01-29 14:36
Save
Give Thanks
Thread Closed