READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

What happened
DustWolf
dotswolf...
Theriotype: Canis Lupus, Wolf
Therian: Yes
Otherkin: No
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 

What happened
Hey guys,

I was pretty sure that what we did was properly announced, but still a lot of members have come to me asking about this. Is TG still our home? Are the staff going to disregard their own rules and destroy everything?

I am joking, to a degree. Do you guys really have so little faith in us? Er, no... it didn't just sort of happen because somebody was angry.

Everything we did, we planned ahead of time (we also announced it), and it happened on purpose and we were all in agreement about it. The things we did, we did with the intention to fix some problems that people have come to us about. I think the end result was good considering the challenges, but it seems we frightened some of you and that was not our intention.

It is impossible to make everybody happy, especially not with the problems we faced, but try to understand that everything that happened, had to happen. Some lessons are hard. Such is life.

And yes, we know how you feel. It's been tough on us too, but we did it because we care about you. Heart

TG is still home.

We'll be up to speed with some cool stuff soon! Smile

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-25 15:50 by DustWolf.)
2018-02-20 19:53
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
SolivagantSoul
Wild Instinct
Theriotype: Wolf
Contribution: tick tick 

RE: What happened
Thank you Dusty, and to all the others for your hard work to ensure us a nice place to return to. Heart
2018-02-21 11:28
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
LycanTheory
Mjölnir
Theriotype: Shepherd dog
Otherkin: Unsure
tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 

I'd like to add my own words to this and elaborate a little to clear a few things up.

What we faced, over the weekend, was a number of smaller issues that came to a head and presented us, the staff, with having to take immediate action in dealing with them at once.

Some of the issues were related and some weren't, some of them were indeed malicious and one may have been inadvertent.

The thing is, in a situation like that, where we are still gaining intel by the minute and unsure of what, exactly, might be going on or yet to be uncovered, the staff and myself are going to always take a position of defense and it may be shocking to some if any of this occurs outside the realm of private messaging. It may even be a little frightening but rest assured, we mean no harm, we take no action in malice and we would never seek to impose ourselves or our own personal ideology upon any of our members.

Any and all action that we take is in the interest of preserving Therian Guide as a reputable community, who takes our identities seriously and in maintaining this place as a safe haven from drama and other nonsense.

Using myself as an example, most TG members know me as a kind, loveable, friendly canine who's content in snuggling up and enjoying everyone's company.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

And while this is true of me, most of the time, I also have the capacity, the duty and the responsibility to stand ground and bear my fangs if I must. If I do show aggression or if I am forced to attack, it is to protect my home and/or those I care about.

While I may seem scary in this frame of mind
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
I'm nothing to be scared of, unless one is posing an active threat somehow.

The rest of the staff is not unlike me in this mentality. We all care about this place and it's members very much, painfully so in some instances, to the point where we often disadvantage our own personal lives to keep this operation running smooth.

We all care and we're all understanding, we're all compassionate but we all have the capacity to be very dangerous if we have to be, if we have no other option left.

[Image: ccc6861ba4a882643e03004e9245e770.jpg]

While some of the issues we face may be very clear to everyone why we are taking a defensive attitude, other situations may not be so clear and we may not always be able to disclose the "who, what, when, where, why" for the sake of confidentiality or, in this past instance, if we are still gathering information as to who may be involved.

We do not heed the call of duty as a past time or hobby, we do not answer it in an authoritarian sense. We are simply caretakers of this place because each and every one of us has made a choice. A choice to maintain integrity, uphold security and give back, to and in respect of those who have given us so much.

If you've read this far, I thank you and wish everyone a great day.

Lyc

[Image: Lycan.png]

2018-02-21 14:18
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Ishvala
Crowned with Horns
Theriotype: Wolf, Succubi
Otherkin: Yes
tick 
silvertick 

TG better still be home, I just got back and already I'm hearing how the team's slackin' without their thread spammer?! Well no more! I will cover the lands with topics, grill all the newbies and give the toughest of yips to all that dare shed their floof in the shoutbox! To arms, my good sirs' to arms!!

*got too excited again*
2018-02-23 1:00
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Therian: No
Otherkin: Yes
silvertick silvertick 

(2018-02-23 1:00)Ishvala Wrote:  TG better still be home, I just got back and already I'm hearing how the team's slackin' without their thread spammer?! Well no more! I will cover the lands with topics, grill all the newbies and give the toughest of yips to all that dare shed their floof in the shoutbox! To arms, my good sirs' to arms!!

*got too excited again*

Omg this quote and everything about it

Laugh

ONWARD!! Orca~!

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
[Image: X6oTw5]
(This post was last modified: 2018-02-23 5:20 by StarDolphin.)
2018-02-23 5:20
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Hy McCaw
A Featherless Biped
Theriotype: Hyacinth macaw
silvertick 

Hello,

I just wanted you all to know that I truly appreciate all you do for this community. I have had no reason to question your intentions and I have your back on this. This place has been and always will be my hone.

Hy

Fluffy hyacinth macaw to the core with the power of a human brain! cawsmile

My blood belongs to the sea, my heart the sky, and my brain the cosmos

"I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings" - from House, M.D.
2018-02-24 18:49
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
LycanTheory
Mjölnir
Theriotype: Shepherd dog
Otherkin: Unsure
tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 

I'd just like to make one thing very clear to anyone who might be receiving misinformation about TG, the owners or staff, or any of our members from outside sources.

There are always going to be individuals and groups that have a bad opinion of us, out there and they will always resort to cowardice and spreading half truths and whole lies about us.

One reason that the staff keeps things confidential between ourselves is to avoid the spread of drama and to avoid public humiliation of anyone who may be involved in any particular situation. This is a courtesy and not a cover-up.

I'm more than willing to disclose whatever is relevant to clear up any misconceptions, while maintaining said confidentiality, to anyone who may have reasonable interest in any particular situation or event but myself and the rest of the staff are at our wick's end with entertaining a bunch of teenage drama queens who have nothing better to do than spread rumors over the net.

Reasonable and respectful questions, I will answer but I will not take part in spreading gossip or each and every juicy detail over who did what, when, why and how. If that's what someone is looking for, by all means, please go join Tumblr instead or better yet, get off the internet and go experience life. Tongue

Dramatic exit posts and rants about some masterminded "cover-up" will be archived, continuing to make these preposterous and unfounded claims will lead to a ban. None of us have the time, the patience, nor the desire to architect such a thing and quite frankly, we've all got better things to do.

This place is a drama free safe haven which will not participate in the dumbfuckery that goes on outside this site and we will not hesitate to take swift action to prevent it from going on here, period. This is something that we will not compromise on.

Thank you for your time

Lycan

[Image: Lycan.png]

2018-03-03 20:03
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks