READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Want your own therianthropy website?
DustWolf
Member is Online
slightly stressed wolf
Theriotype: Canis Lupus, Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team.

Want your own therianthropy website?
Hey all,

In light of the recent developments, we've figured out that we probably need to do something, to help establish what Therianthropy means to us, to the wider community. As with our theriotypes, the way to ensure survival is to branch out a little. So we are branching out. Smile

We've set up 3 new websites that are currently waiting for content. They are supposed to be there to help new people who are not yet familiar with Therianthropy, find out what we're all about.

I've set everything up so that the websites will look professional and function even if those of you, who choose to adopt them, don't have a lot of technical skill. Plus of course I'll be here to help as I am able!

Because we want the websites to be successful in the long run, we have some terms regarding the contents of the site. But if things work out and we find in you a trustworthy partner capable of caring for the site in the long run, we are willing to (eventually) hand over the keys and let you take complete ownership of that site.

For now, I need some of your creativity to help me fill out the websites with pictures and essays, so I will be posting some threads in the Share your Creativity forum, which will explain how you can earn some points in helping us set the websites up. Wink

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2021-02-17 15:00 by DustWolf.)
2021-02-17 14:36
Save
Give Thanks
Zacchary
Winged Hunger Noodle
Theriotype: Wyvern and Wolf Clado-/Sun
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
silvertick 
.$team.

RE: Want your own therianthropy website?
Sounds like a cool idea! Just don't overwork yourself, okay? You already got a lot on your plate with this one. Tongue

2021-02-17 14:45
Save
Give Thanks
Kyra
Therian Territory
Theriotype: Silver Wolf, Betta Fish
.$team..$team.

I think 'owning' a site would be too big of a responsibility for me, but should there be forums or chats in any of the sites, I wouldn't mind being a moderator!

~Kyra

[Image: 200-px.png]

"Some men see things as they are and say 'why?',
I dream things that never were and say 'why not?'."
2021-02-17 16:35
Save
Give Thanks
CanidOnALeash
On a Journey
Theriotype: Dog
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

Excited to see how this goes! I feel this is a good step in growing the community and widening our connection!

[Image: 340?cb=20100312094706]
Dog Therian | 18 | He/Him | INFP | Eclectic Witch
2021-02-17 18:05
Save
Give Thanks
OakLeaf
bites them feets
Theriotype: Tiger (Siberian)
.$team.

I think this is a really smart move. More recource for people who want to learn! And more playces they can find us! I haven't been here for to long, and I am only 17 , but still I would love to keep one of the pages up and running! I love TG and it would be an honor to help keep the legacy up! So maybe consider me, if you can't find annyone more qualified for the job Smile
2021-02-17 18:11
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Member is Online
slightly stressed wolf
tick tick tick 
tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team.

(2021-02-17 16:35)Kyra Wrote:  I think 'owning' a site would be too big of a responsibility for me, but should there be forums or chats in any of the sites, I wouldn't mind being a moderator!

Any kind of ownership is still a few years down the line at best. For now I'll pay for the domain and take care of the server and things like that, so nobody has to worry about this for now.

Remember, Therian Guide was a website for several years before it even got a forum. Even now, the website gets 10 times more visitors than the forums.

(2015-01-26 23:00)Euipoi Wrote:  I started TG back in 2009 and published it in 2010. The whole idea of TG was to create a basic guide that anybody could understand and follow, as well as a fun online community for everyone to benefit from. In case you all forgot, there was a point in time where people like us (Therians) felt very alone and had almost no resources. We felt left to believe we didn't belong with the rest of humanity and came down to a point of feeling misunderstood and ALONE. Some of you may not remember this because you discovered yourself during this otherkin BOOM. Thanks to the internet and a few people who have created sites to reach out to other therians, we are now booming across the internet (this may have started in 2011/2012).

(2016-01-31 7:08)Euipoi Wrote:  TG is an amazing site full of wonderful people which I created the guide and set up the forums back in early 2009. I put a LOT of time and work into this website and it took off and has been kicking for a good 7 almost 8 years now. When TG was created there were very few Therian sites around, many of which suffered the fate of inactivity and website death (how nerdy do i sound). We have stuck through even through the hard times when rival site owners appeared and tried to destroy us (didn't work haha).

When TG was created it was to be a guide (hence our name) for people of all ages who are experiencing the things we do, and for those people to find a community of people they could relate to and share experiences with and feel safe to do so. My heart is filled with great happiness that my hard work and effort has helped hundreds of peoples, has been mentioned in university presentations around the world, in books and even television to help educate folks outside of the community that we exist and that our experiences are very real.

Step by step, but for now we should be looking at what to put on the pages, to make a resource useful to people who might be therians. Smile I got a few ideas to add dynamic content to make the pages interesting for search engines, but honestly even that is step #2.

LP,
Dusty

(This post was last modified: 2021-02-17 18:27 by DustWolf.)
2021-02-17 18:18
Save
Give Thanks
Future
the fog comes on little cat feet
Theriotype: Domestic black cat (Bombay)

This is purely curiosity, but I was wondering why you went with a .com domain for the speciesdysphoria site and a .org for the other two? Was it just a matter of how much each domain cost or what was available for use?
2021-02-18 13:26
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Member is Online
slightly stressed wolf
tick tick tick 
tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team.

(2021-02-18 13:26)Future Wrote:  This is purely curiosity, but I was wondering why you went with a .com domain for the speciesdysphoria site and a .org for the other two? Was it just a matter of how much each domain cost or what was available for use?

The domains were suggested by @Loudbarks. I took the ones he listed that I thought were priced reasonably.

LP,
Dusty

2021-02-18 19:29
Save
Give Thanks
Asherah
Member is Online
the boy in the scarf
Theriotype: Horse, Datura stramonium
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick 

This sounds like a great project! As someone who has been in the community since 2011, it's been very saddening to watch communities fizzle out one by one. I used to mod some old communities back in the day, so I'm glad to see folks breathing new life into our homes. :-) I'm very interested in this! I missed helping run kin communities, I'd like to be able to contribute in whatever ways I can!
2021-02-20 15:12
Save
Give Thanks
Loudbarks
Woof!
Theriotype: German Shepherd Dog

(2021-02-18 19:29)DustWolf Wrote:  
(2021-02-18 13:26)Future Wrote:  This is purely curiosity, but I was wondering why you went with a .com domain for the speciesdysphoria site and a .org for the other two? Was it just a matter of how much each domain cost or what was available for use?

The domains were suggested by @Loudbarks. I took the ones he listed that I thought were priced reasonably.

LP,
Dusty

OMG!
Thank you so much for doing this!

Maybe we could crowd-discuss some definitions or sections like 'what is therianthropy?', etc.. on this forum. I would love to give it a go!
2021-02-23 7:54
Save
Give Thanks