READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Therian-guide is moving!
DustWolf
Member is Online
TG's family dog
Therio-Type: Wolf suntherian
Therian: Yes
Otherkin: No
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 

Therian-guide is moving!
Hello,

This is a purely technical announcement. TL;DR: The forums will be unavailable between 2 to 24 hours sometime this week.

The long story: TG has been, since Euipoi left it to us, located on a small private server in Slovenia. While we had a number of backup locations that would keep TG alive in case Slovenia was swallowed by a volcano (or something), the main server itself was hosted by a small flower-power nonprofit, that salvages old equipment.

While these people were kind enough to host TG for free, pay for the electricity and everything, they were not the most technically minded people and they didn't understand when not to unplug a cable or when not to press CTRL+ALT+DEL into a random keyboard.

Because the several mishaps we've had to date proved a bit too much for me (I care about TG and I'm a sysadmin), I've decided to rent out a server in France just for TG, which will not have any such issues.

However due to technical limitations, a site cannot be moved instantly. It depends on your individual Internet service providers, but the move may take from 2 to 24 hours. During this time, you may see a closed down TG where it will not be possible to send shouts or post on the forums.

The IRC may also be quirky or take some time to work right again, as it is more complex to set up.

This is just to let you know that we will be doing this. When we actually begin, I will write a new announcement.

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
2016-08-09 15:57
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Ishvala
Seeker of Knowledge
Therio-Type: Wolf, Fae, Revy-kith
Therian: Yes
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick 

RE: Therian-guide is moving!
Aw Dusty, thanks for doing this for us.
We really appreciate all the work you and the others put in to keep TG up to par. Heart
If you need any help with paying the server provider let me know - I'd happily donate.

[Image: a0s0kWM.png]
2016-08-09 19:01
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks