READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Therian Guide Academy
DustWolf
dUwUlf
Theriotype: Canis Lupus, Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 

Therian Guide Academy
Hey everyone,

This is a project we've sortof been working on with the staff over the last few months. The thing is, we need your help.

We've been looking over what the therian community needs right now (to be progressing in the direction of basically helping therians understand therianthropy). We've been looking at both modern and traditional systems of education that are suitable to our varied population.

We've determined that what is missing the most right now is verification of comprehension. Basically, we have all of these resources on Therianthropy that are accessible to members and outsiders and we have afforded every opportunity to discuss therian experiences, however what we currently don't do is check if anyone actually understands the materials on Therianthropy and if they are actually being understood as intended.

For this purpose we've come up with a new thing! Therian Guide Academy! Big Grin
(it's what I'm calling it now, we went through several different names)

So we've designed a curriculum of 8 courses for a well-rounded understanding of Therianthropy, for each of which we will be able to do a kind of exam for. However, to be fair, each of these would need some kind of textbook so that people can reasonably prepare for what is going to be verified. This is where we need help.

We need your help to prepare the textbooks for these 8 courses:
  1. Persistence of animal experience
  2. Satisfying animal needs
  3. Self-perception
  4. Shifting
  5. Identity
  6. Human therian experiences
  7. Delusion and mental illness
  8. Spirituality

These are intended to be in relation to therianthropy and aren't like generic textbooks about mental illness, etc.

Each of the textbooks will be published in the form of basically essays in our Introduction to Therianthropy forum, so it will be public in the hopes that it will help as many people as possible.

If nobody else picks up the task, I will start them up and then we can fix them up together. Tongue

If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to reply.

EDIT: To respond to a question posed in Discord, obviously the courses can't be about what Therianthropy is, because we don't know what it is and it would be wrong to impose our perspectives on other people.

However what we can do is provide useful knowledge to therians which may not be strictly about therianthropy, but is useful to know if you are a therian. This is roughly what the textbooks are meant to contain. For example in course #2, where we are talking about satisfying animal needs, we are not talking about things every therian needs to do, but rather about the needs that our theriotypes have, which may apply to certain therians.

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2020-04-11 13:36 by DustWolf.)
2020-04-11 12:39
Save
Give Thanks
Blayz
Member is Online
Copy cat
Theriotype: Wolfdog
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 

RE: Therian Guide Academy
I would be honored to try helping with this in any way I can! Big Grin

I am good at essays and other professional writing styles in addition to the works of fiction I'm already posting. I'm good at breaking down complex things into basic fundamentals which others can more readily understand.

Though I have not been here at TG for very long, my experience so far suggests that I've got a reasonably good ability to relate with others who's lives and views are very different from my own. Again, this comes back to identifying fundamentals which we all have in common. While this project is one of an impersonal nature, this will of course help me to understand the material better.

I will need to know more about what has been done with this project already, obviously. I'm also a little bit unsure about the meaning of these categories:

1 Persistence of animal experience. Is this equivalent to persistence of theriotype, or to persistence of therian experiences in general?

3 and 5, Self-perception and Identity respectively. Aren't these the same thing in some ways?

6 Human therian experiences. I assume this means experiences in the human world as a therian (?)

That's about all I think. Oh yeah, what about time frames? Are we talking weeks here, or months?

Blayz

[Image: xK5y95d.jpg]

"I am Crescent Moon,
First light to pierce the darkness,
Last light to fade away."
(Shifting Worlds 'Spark of Evil')
2020-04-13 8:23
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
dUwUlf
tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 

(2020-04-13 8:23)Blayz Wrote:  1 Persistence of animal experience. Is this equivalent to persistence of theriotype, or to persistence of therian experiences in general?

3 and 5, Self-perception and Identity respectively. Aren't these the same thing in some ways?

6 Human therian experiences. I assume this means experiences in the human world as a therian (?)

That's about all I think.

You're right it is kind of confusing the way I put it.

I do have some more detailed explanations for these things but I'm kinda not sure where to put them ? I feel like it would be much better if we met up in chat and talked about what these things are supposed to be, rather than me writing some kind of posts which are somehow supposed to be perfect and clear to everyone from the get-go -- which seems impossible.

I think generally though, these are things that every therian is familiar with and are no big deal to write about. I think like people already do this in Amino blogs and whatnot -- this is the same, just organised differently.

I'll make a post about it and link it here later.

(2020-04-13 8:23)Blayz Wrote:  Oh yeah, what about time frames? Are we talking weeks here, or months?

Kind of like, until it's done? I realise everybody has a lot going on in their lives and I don't want to pressure anyone. It's just I'd like to see it happen sooner than never.

LP,
Dusty

2020-04-13 11:34
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
dUwUlf
tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 

(2020-04-13 11:34)DustWolf Wrote:  I'll make a post about it and link it here later.

Here you go @Blayz:
https://forums.therian-guide.com/Thread-...#pid174868

I hope the explanations work for you. Maybe some parts are too abstract and could be revised, feel free to reply with suggestions.

LP,
Dusty

2020-04-14 21:07
Save
Give Thanks