READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Simple Intro to Kin, new version, needs your opinions
frameacloud
New
Theriotype: Dragon
Experience: Otherkin
Contribution:

Question Simple Intro to Kin, new version, needs your opinions
This week, I wrote a new version of my Simple Introduction to Otherkin article. It's in Simple English, without using jargon, so it's accessible for non-English speakers and people who aren't familiar with otherkin/therians. It's under 500 words, not including the sources. I want it to be the best piece someone could read if they'd never heard of otherkin/therians before, especially if they're non-otherkin/non-therians, or the family/friends of otherkin/therians.

Orion Scribner. They. Author of Theri There, a comic about otherkin. Active in the otherkin and therian communities for over 10 years.
(This post was last modified: 2016-12-05 3:59 by LycanTheory.)
2016-12-04 5:15
Save
Give Thanks
Anonymouqs
Rwar ^_^
Theriotype: Dragon
Experience: (therian?), Otherkin
Contribution: tick 

RE: Simple Intro to Kin, new version, needs your opinions
I'm actually trying to make a guide myself and I was looking on the Therian guide on definitions and such while simplifying it. I found your article and it is rather wonderful !^_^

This is quite beautiful and well done. I love the conciseness of it. It presents the details, and and can be understood by a wide audience.

One thing though, I think that the "mental illness" section should be put first, to cast away any fears. And I think it should include fictkin (parallel universe explanation ect.)

Your introduction is quite amazing and with a little bit of smelting and shining, it surely will be a glittering gem for therians and non-therians!

I have the link to the forum for my article here:

https://forums.therian-guide.com/Thread-Coming-out-of-the-Wilde

2017-02-08 15:13
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
The Bookworm
Theriotype: Wolf
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

It's very well written for using a simpler vocabulary, so kudos to you for that. I know I have trouble trying to dumb down my words AND sound sophisticated and/or professional but you pulled it off nicely.
2017-02-09 0:25
Save
Give Thanks
Mirvolk
Fly on the wall
Theriotype: Wolf, Raven, Dragon
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution:

(2016-12-04 5:15)frameacloud Wrote:  This week, I wrote a new version of my Simple Introduction to Otherkin article. It's in Simple English, without using jargon, so it's accessible for non-English speakers and people who aren't familiar with otherkin/therians. It's under 500 words, not including the sources. I want it to be the best piece someone could read if they'd never heard of otherkin/therians before, especially if they're non-otherkin/non-therians, or the family/friends of otherkin/therians.

Thank you...
I have been trying to introduce my partner into my therianthropy. I think this will help him understand.

2018-07-18 6:51
Save
Give Thanks