READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Serious Therianthropy Discussion Chat Being Held on July 14th
Citrakayah
Buttered Cat
Theriotype: cheetah
Therian: Yes
Otherkin: No
Contribution: tick 

Serious Therianthropy Discussion Chat Being Held on July 14th
On July 14th at 12:00 PM Central Time, I will be hosting a moderated discussion about therianthropy on IRC. The topics will be:

1) Regardless of whether or not therianthropy has some innate purpose, do you try to give it one and use it, or be inspired by it, in the service of a greater cause? For instance, a tiger therian might be inspired to help preserve their theriotype, or a therian might try and take up the pen or keyboard to foster a greater understanding or empathy for non-humans.
2) Fiction speaks to people because of their lived experiences. What fiction speaks to you because of your therianthropy, and how?
3) If therians are humans with nonhuman instincts/phantom limbs/identity/whatever, could nonhuman animals have similar experiences?

To join, go to http://www.mibbit.com and click "launch Mibbit client." Type in your preferred nickname and type "#stdc" into the field called "channel." Click "auth," select "password" and enter "purplemountains." Then click connect. You may have to add some random digits to the end of your nickname; Mibbit is a large server and some nicknames will already be registered. Please note that when not in use the channel is locked. This means that outside of shortly before the chat starts, during the chat, and shortly after it ends (if people linger), it will be impossible to say anything in the chat.

Chats will be archived on the Werelist, as attachments on this thread. Also, Therian Guide and Kinmunity both made a chatbot that's will allow users on their Discord to see what's being said in the chatroom and participate.

As an addendum: Because people have said they were interested in participating but weren't able to, I'm allowing people to submit answers to the prompts that I'll relay in the chat. Please only do this if you actually can't attend. This breaks the roundtable format to some degree, but given the state of the chat I'm not that concerned about it.

PM me the answers if you're unable to attend.
2019-07-11 3:57
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Zefer Nezumi
Member is Online
Justice of the Purrs
Theriotype: A Giant Pun
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

RE: Serious Therianthropy Discussion Chat Being Held on July 14th
Howldy, folks!

I created this polling thread to help figure out when TG members are most able to participate with these discussions.

Please take a moment and vote on the poll if you are interested in participating in the future!

Thanks!

- ZN

The Punk Pun-Therian

[Image: cawfee_kitten___transparent_eng_by_storm...c2h45w.png]
2019-07-12 16:28
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Citrakayah
Buttered Cat

This is a reminder that the STDC is tomorrow!
2019-07-13 22:30
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Citrakayah
Buttered Cat

The STDC has been successfully completed.
2019-07-15 14:06
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks