READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Serious Therianthropy Discussion Chat Being Held on February 17th
Citrakayah
Member is Online
Buttered Cat
Therio-Type: cheetah
Therian: Yes
Otherkin: No
Contribution:

Serious Therianthropy Discussion Chat Being Held on February 17th
On February 17th at 8 PM Central Time, I will be hosting a moderated discussion about therianthropy on IRC. The topics will be:

1) How does your therianthropy impact the way you relate to the natural world?
2) On broader time scales than the moment to moment (weeks or months), does anything change the intensity of your experiences, and if so what and how?

To join, go to www.mibbit.com and click "launch Mibbit client." Type in your preferred nickname and type "#stdc" into the field called "channel." Click "auth," select "password" and enter "ediblemagma." Then click connect. You may have to add some random digits to the end of your nickname; Mibbit is a large server and some nicknames will already be registered. Please note that when not in use the channel is locked. This means that outside of shortly before the chat starts, during the chat, and shortly after it ends (if people linger), it will be impossible to say anything in the chat.

Chats will be archived on the Werelist, here (you will have to create an account to see the thread). Also, Therian Guide made a chatbot that's will allow users on their Discord to see what's being said in the chatroom and participate in the open sessions on each topic.

-- Citrakayah, aka cheetah
(This post was last modified: 2019-03-03 8:59 by DustWolf.)
2019-02-16 2:05
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Member is Online
TG's family dog
Therio-Type: Always Wolf
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick 

RE: Serious Therianthropy Discussion Chat Being Held on Feburary 17th
Hey guys,

Just to confirm, this is supported by TG staff. Smile

To get more info about what Serious Therianthropy Discussion Chats are, see here.

Our Discord is (as always) accessible by those with activated TG accounts, you can find the #stdc room under "Creativity & Games", you can follow the discussion live or read up afterwards.

We also encourage you to be there on the day as Citrakayah mentions and help make this even happen on the Mibbit side, where you can have the opportunity to speak.

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
2019-02-16 10:54
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Xiahtic
Member is Online
31 yo Shapeshifter
Therio-Type: German Shepherd/Black Panther/Western Water Dragon
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick 

I'm planning on being there, even made an account on that site, but couldn't find the uhh I guess "room" you'd call it, but I'm guessing that's because it's not made until that time the meeting will be held. But none-the-less, I hope I can make it, I win't promise anything but I'll try. ^-^

I have lots of art of my fursona/Therian/Otherkin self, but I've not edited up a nice signature yet for it. ~Xiah

Avatar character © me/Xiahtic/Wild
2019-02-17 15:54
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Citrakayah
Member is Online
Buttered Cat
Therio-Type: cheetah
Contribution:

No, it's made previously. It should be working; I'm in it right now.

EDIT: Any error pop up when you tried to connect? If so, can you copy-paste it?
(This post was last modified: 2019-02-17 20:13 by Citrakayah.)
2019-02-17 20:13
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Member is Online
TG's family dog
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

Hi,

(2019-02-17 15:54)Xiahtic Wrote:  I'm planning on being there, even made an account on that site, but couldn't find the uhh I guess "room" you'd call it

1. Go here: https://chat.mibbit.com

2. Fill it in like this:
[Image: stdc%20mibbit.png]

3. Click "Connect".

Hope this helps.

You can also use an IRC client... will whip up and install and post some screenshots. Smile

LP,
Dusty

(This post was last modified: 2019-02-17 20:26 by DustWolf.)
2019-02-17 20:25
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Xiahtic
Member is Online
31 yo Shapeshifter
Therio-Type: German Shepherd/Black Panther/Western Water Dragon
Contribution: tick 

Oh sorry, I'm currently eating and doing laundry so didn't see your reply until now, but what you showed me and told me to do is working ^_^ thank you so much!

I have lots of art of my fursona/Therian/Otherkin self, but I've not edited up a nice signature yet for it. ~Xiah

Avatar character © me/Xiahtic/Wild
2019-02-17 20:35
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Member is Online
TG's family dog
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

(2019-02-17 20:25)DustWolf Wrote:  You can also use an IRC client... will whip up and install and post some screenshots. Smile

If anyone wants to join form a phone using an app (which would probably be more comfortable than the Mibbit website, but function the same way), here are some instructions for Yaaic, an android IRC client app I found most comfortable:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.yaaic

1. Install / open app

2. Fill in...
  • Title - must not be blank
  • Host - has to be "irc.mibbit.net", without quotes
  • Real Name - must not be blank, doesn't have to be a real name
  • Nickname - your username of choice
  • Channels - "#stdc ediblemagma" without quotes and click add, then ok
The remaining fields can be changed or left as-is, as you desire.

3. Doubleclick the entry to connect

4. Type something to chat or wait for a message (window is black / blank in the begining)

Keep in mind that IRC requires you to have a stable connection and will end up disconnected if your signal is poor. You will not see the messages sent while you are disconnected.

LP,
Dusty

2019-02-17 20:48
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Wolf Daughter
Ulfrvif - Wolf Wife
Therio-Type: Wolf
Contribution: tick tick 

Unfortunately, I'll be busy. If you have time to share this in the discussion, you have my permission to do so. If time doesn't allow, I completely understand. I still hope I can find time to read through the discussion on discord later.

1) How does your therianthropy impact the way you relate to the natural world?

I think Therianthropy allows me to appreciate nature more. My Therian awakening and growing closer to the natural world developed together, side by side. During tough and troubling times in my life, being a Wolf Therianthrope and growing closer to the earth was what kept me going. Nature could be peaceful and calm, but it could also be chaotic. There could be destruction during storms and fire, but nature and animals are resilient. The constant change of nature was comforting to me when I felt like my life was out of my control. My Therianthropy has both spiritual and psychological components. Nature is like this too. It has helped heal me mentally and physically.

2) On broader time scales than the moment to moment (weeks or months), does anything change the intensity of your experiences, and if so what and how?

For example, my mate and I are renovating some of the rooms in our new house. This is taking priority in our lives right now. I don't really have time to focus on whether or not I'm feeling "wolf" or "human" on most days. I've become quite integrated in my adult years as well. I'm usually kinda of 50/50 most of the time. My shifts aren't as strong or noticeable as they were as a teenager. This integration might not occur for all Therianthropes, but it has for me. Although, I'm aware that it could change for me again later in life.

2019-02-17 22:16
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
Vintage
Clueless 'fluffy' mane
Therio-Type: wolf, changeling, horse-kith, crow-kith
Contribution: tick tick 

what will be the 'rules' of tonight's chat? Besides the 'questioners' thing. Is it just an anything goes discussion pertaining to the main topic/questions, or is it strict (no idle talk, no emoticons which could clog up the chat, etc).
I'd like to know beforehand. This starts at 9pm for me so I should be able to make it. Or some of. I'm assuming I'm an 'activated account' on discord...or is that just members with colored names? Mine is grey-ish.

[Image: 2z8b80o.png]

Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse/crow hearted
---
If you need to reach me- pm me

~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~
(This post was last modified: 2019-02-17 22:29 by Vintage.)
2019-02-17 22:27
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Member is Online
TG's family dog
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

(2019-02-17 22:27)Vintage Wrote:  I'm assuming I'm an 'activated account' on discord...or is that just members with colored names? Mine is grey-ish.

You can access the Mibbit thing regardless of whether you're activated on TG or not. Anyone with the information posted above can join it / connect to it with an IRC client.

The Discord interface is just a matter of convenience -- a place where you can follow the discussion or read up afterwards without having to connect to Mibbit.

LP,
Dusty

2019-02-17 23:07
Save
Recommend
Give Thanks