READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-focusing on TG's main goal
DustWolf
Member is Online
TG's family dog
Therio-Type: Wolf suntherian
Therian: Yes
Otherkin: No
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 

Re-focusing on TG's main goal
Hello,

While we have implemented many changes here at Therian Guide to try to suit the differences between our members, some people did feel like we were distancing ourselves from our main goal.

The main goal of Therian Guide is to provide helpful information on Therianthropy. I believe the key to reaching this goal is to talk more about our experiences as Therians.

I realize it is hard to talk about this. Therianthropy is a core part of our lives and many of us could not even imagine not being Therians. So our Therianthropy is completely mundane to us and not something we see as worth talking about. The problem with this approach is that we are left with a forum that is devoid of information about what Therianthropy really is. When somebody new comes to the site, from Tumblr or another place full of misinformation, they have no material here from which to decide if they are actually Therians or not.

Yes, we can have a dictionary for the Therian Words, but without experiences to back this up these are just hollow words that we can throw at eachother. In truth, we have more threads about what Therianthropy isn't and about how wrong everybody else is, than we have threads about Therian experiences. I think it is time we change this.

To help with this, I have developed a new system called "Recommends".

Say for example you are a fox Therian and you have found a post by another fox Therian, describing an experience of his or her vulpine Therianthropy. If you found this post useful, you can click the "Recommend" button on the post and the system will automatically note the post as useful to other fox Therians.

When another fox Therian checks their Recommends page, they will automatically get a list of the most useful posts that are relevant to their Therianthropy, as well as some suggestions of people to talk to about their experiences.

If you want to be listed as the Go-to person for your theriotype (we will eventually award a special color to some of you), all you have to do is write about your experiences and invite people to click the "Recommend" button on your posts.

If you want to do something for other Therians who share your theriotype, simply browse around TG, find posts that talk about experiences you think others should know about and click "Recommend" on them. Smile

In fact right now I would really appreciate if you did some of that right now!

We can do this! Come on. Smile

P.S.: If you are missing the "Show today's posts" button, just click the TG Forums logo image and you'll be taken to a page with the latest posts!

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2018-08-01 0:13 by DustWolf.)
2018-08-01 0:10
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks
Shattered Chaos
Just a guy who loves adventure...
Therio-Type: Sulfur Crested Cockatoo, Maned-Wolf, Orca
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick 

RE: Re-focusing on TG's main goal
Recommends seem like a great idea! I have noticed a few small changes to the site myself already, haha.

[Image: bbbb.PNG]
Crunchie and Munchie.
2018-08-01 1:46
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks
elinox
Doctor Who?
Therio-Type: wolf/werewolf & otter
Otherkin: Yes
Contribution: tick tick tick 

What a great idea! I'll dig through my essays and see what I can post. Wink

[Image: o9gpo1L.png]
canis lupus ligoni & lontra felina | 36 | female-bodied | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic Wiccan witch
2018-08-01 13:30
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Member is Online
TG's family dog
Therio-Type: Wolf suntherian
Otherkin: No
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 

(2018-08-01 1:46)Shattered Chaos Wrote:  I have noticed a few small changes to the site myself already, haha.

Ah yes, I didn't mention it but I've been making small fixes to the site to make it a bit easier to use on mobile and got rid of some ancient problems it had on desktop.

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
2018-08-03 11:03
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks