READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Plans
DustWolf
the wolf in blue
Theriotype: Canis Lupus, Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 

Plans
Hey everyone,

We know everybody's busy with life right now, but we got some things planned that just might get you to come spend some extra time with us. Smile

First I'd like to inform you of @Zefer Nezumi's new podcast: Were are we, published on podbean. The name is naturally one of Zefer's famed puns. The podcast is joined by Therians outside of TG and aims, as the title says, to ask the question: Where the Therian community is and where it is going in the future.

As you know, TG is working with scientists to help push the boundaries of what we currently understand of Therianthropy. Besides the surveys and interviews we have with them (which you can join!), we also encourage debate among our members in our many threads on the subject of Therianthropy.

Because we can, we are also preparing a donation drive, in which we will be donating to organisations working on preventing cruelty to animals. Deciding which organisation will get what amount of funds will be up to you! You'll be directing the funds with the donation tokens available in our points store.

The most active users of the forums get the most points. Every sensible post counts and the really good ones count extra!

Right now we are still collecting suggestions, however when the donation drive starts, me and @LycanTheory will put in a bunch of funds to the budget, which will make it very easy to get items from the points store for a little while. Smile Be sure you have enough points by then! Wink

Also on the horizon is that we will be dropping our ban on the subject of p-shifting. Even though p-shifting debates haven't exactly been useful so far, we have to acknowledge that each of us on the staff have been involved in p-shifting discussions when we were younger. It would be unfair to prevent the younger generation of therians from experiencing this.

Debates will still be monitored to prevent people from getting hurt, but it will no longer be against the rules.

We've been reaching out to other Therian communities and making friends, because we recognise that making the world a better place for Therians is something that we can only do together.

Thank you for staying with us and helping us make Therian Guide a home for all Therians. Heart

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2020-08-04 17:36 by DustWolf.)
2020-08-04 17:12
Save
Give Thanks
Tdae
Eager beaver
Theriotype: Wolf
Experience: (therian?)
Contribution: tick 

RE: Plans
This is all good news and I would like to comment on this point:

(2020-08-04 17:12)DustWolf Wrote:  Also on the horizon is that we will be dropping our ban on the subject of p-shifting. Even though p-shifting debates haven't exactly been useful so far, we have to acknowledge that each of us on the staff have been involved in p-shifting discussions when we were younger. It would be unfair to prevent the younger generation of therians from experiencing this.

I'm happy the leadership has decided to lift this ban because I think it's overly restrictive. But I've never seen a p-shifting debate. Confused

There are real people who experience changes in physiology that most people would think are impossible. It sometimes occurs in DID systems and is medically documented. They might experience things like variations in medical conditions, allergies, eyeglass prescriptions. I've met a person who has autism and DID, and their alters have different physical disabilities.

So it is plausible that a therian could experience some physiological changes that seem unbelievable. However I would emphasize that nobody would want this condition. People with autism might be more likely to have this type of experience, but it would certainly be associated with horrible trauma especially in neurotypicals.
2020-08-05 2:26
Save
Give Thanks
Saoirse Fiain
Fiáin Mac tíre
Theriotype: Lycanthrope
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 

After all of the drama that's been going on lately I'm happy to hear this. Especially the p shifting ban lift. Personally I feel like touching on taboo subjects is necessary especially with the subject of therianthropy.

"Listen to them - the children of the night. What music they make!"
- Bram Stoker

2020-08-05 18:47
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
the wolf in blue
Theriotype: Canis Lupus, Wolf
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 

Apologies for my tardy response.

(2020-08-05 2:26)Tdae Wrote:  I'm happy the leadership has decided to lift this ban because I think it's overly restrictive. But I've never seen a p-shifting debate. Confused

Here it is:
https://forums.therian-guide.com/Thread-...etrimental

(2020-08-05 2:26)Tdae Wrote:  There are real people who experience changes in physiology that most people would think are impossible. It sometimes occurs in DID systems and is medically documented. They might experience things like variations in medical conditions, allergies, eyeglass prescriptions. I've met a person who has autism and DID, and their alters have different physical disabilities.

So it is plausible that a therian could experience some physiological changes that seem unbelievable. However I would emphasize that nobody would want this condition. People with autism might be more likely to have this type of experience, but it would certainly be associated with horrible trauma especially in neurotypicals.

This is basically one of the main reasons why we opted to unban the p-shifting discussion. Even though p-shifting is impossible, talking about the possibilities alleviates some people's species dysphoria.

If you wish to discuss this subject by the way, please make a thread inside the forums. The announcement is not a good place for discussion.

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2020-08-06 18:17 by DustWolf.)
2020-08-06 18:14
Save
Give Thanks