READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern messengers!
DustWolf
Member is Online
TG's family dog
Therio-Type: Wolf suntherian
Therian: Yes
Otherkin: No
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 

Modern messengers!
Hey guys,

Based on this request, we've changed around the useless antiquated messenger fields in the User profile (ICQ, AIM, Yahoo and MSN) for ones that actually exist:
  • Discord
  • Steam
  • Facebook
  • Telegram

I would invite you all to fill in your messenger usernames if you have them. In particular, I would appreciate if you fill in your Discord usernames as this will yield advantages for you in the future. Do it even if you're new. Smile

Remember that Discord usernames must be filled in with the name#1234 number.

P.S.: Let me know if anything appears not to work, I will fix it.

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2018-04-07 14:07 by DustWolf.)
2018-04-07 14:06
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Sprinkles of Joy
Therio-Type: Interstellar Cetacean
Otherkin: Unsure
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick 

RE: Modern messengers!
eeee! awesome!!

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
[Image: X6oTw5]
2018-04-07 14:15
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks
ShadowMT13
Fly on the wall
Therio-Type: Timber Wolf
Contribution: new

Actually I was going to consider filling out my discord, but the thing is I am not too fond of the idea of just anyone being able to find me on there, otherwise I would! Unless only you can see it, I rather not since I don't enjoy stalkers or random friend requests on there.
2018-05-14 4:02
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks
Ishvala
Seeker of Knowledge
Therio-Type: Fae, Wolf
Otherkin: Yes
silvertick 

(2018-05-14 4:02)ShadowMT13 Wrote:  Actually I was going to consider filling out my discord, but the thing is I am not too fond of the idea of just anyone being able to find me on there, otherwise I would! Unless only you can see it, I rather not since I don't enjoy stalkers or random friend requests on there.

I know this may be a bit blunt, but I think that's a bit...illogical.

The chances of someone wanting to message you (without knowing you already,) are rather slim. Usually, people seek to message someone on that sort of platform after already knowing them a bit on the forum/public shout. In fact, it's natural to have a motive to message someone and strangers possess no motive. Statistically speaking it'd only be a %23 chance and that's being generous.

If someone did hit that chance, you could just block them - or ignore them...it's really that simple.
That's just me being overly analytical though. You do you.

That was longer than I thought it would be. Onto my original goal of being here!

Yay! Modern message things!

* [Hiding from the gallows] *
* [I walk with shadows] *

click for kintypes (Click to View)
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-14 10:02 by Ishvala.)
2018-05-14 10:01
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks
coyote_soul
Away
~Song Dog~
Therio-Type: CO Coyote / Shapeshifter
Contribution: tick tick 

Thanks for the update!

2018-05-15 3:53
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks
ShadowMT13
Fly on the wall
Therio-Type: Timber Wolf
Contribution: new

(2018-05-14 10:01)Ishvala Wrote:  
(2018-05-14 4:02)ShadowMT13 Wrote:  Actually I was going to consider filling out my discord, but the thing is I am not too fond of the idea of just anyone being able to find me on there, otherwise I would! Unless only you can see it, I rather not since I don't enjoy stalkers or random friend requests on there.

I know this may be a bit blunt, but I think that's a bit...illogical.

The chances of someone wanting to message you (without knowing you already,) are rather slim. Usually, people seek to message someone on that sort of platform after already knowing them a bit on the forum/public shout. In fact, it's natural to have a motive to message someone and strangers possess no motive. Statistically speaking it'd only be a %23 chance and that's being generous.

If someone did hit that chance, you could just block them - or ignore them...it's really that simple.
That's just me being overly analytical though. You do you.

That was longer than I thought it would be. Onto my original goal of being here!

Yay! Modern message things!

I only say this because it has happened in the past XD And more than once nevertheless, so it is not really that "Illogical" to feel that way or get a bit worried about it. (O_O)" No one ever said anything uncomfortable to me or anything, I just simply don't like being annoyed with a friend request from people I have never talked to yet.
2018-05-15 8:12
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks
Ishvala
Seeker of Knowledge
Therio-Type: Fae, Wolf
silvertick 

(2018-05-15 8:12)ShadowMT13 Wrote:  I only say this because it has happened in the past XD And more than once nevertheless, so it is not really that "Illogical" to feel that way or get a bit worried about it. (O_O)" No one ever said anything uncomfortable to me or anything, I just simply don't like being annoyed with a friend request from people I have never talked to yet.

Makes sense.
You have horrid luck.

* [Hiding from the gallows] *
* [I walk with shadows] *

click for kintypes (Click to View)
2018-05-15 17:09
Find
Recommend
Give Thanks