READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Integrity of Community
LycanTheory
Banned
Theriotype:
Experience: Human
tick tick tick 
tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick 

Integrity of Community
Hi there Hello

When Dust and I took the reigns of Therian Guide many years ago, we had a vision. Our vision was to provide a resource for therians young and old where everyone could have a positive, uplifting atmosphere to learn and personally grow into the best possible version of themselves. Our vision became the community's vision and it eventually spread out through other forums and various podcasts.

More recently, Therian Guide and those who have branched out from us to do their own thing and spread positivity, goodwill and service to others have drawn the ire of a few dysfunctional narcassists in the broader community. These individuals prefer to throw negativity at us, given their every waking opportunity, because of their own personal resentment and feelings of inadequacy due to our success in helping lift the community and it's individual members up. The thing I find most deplorable about this is that now they've elected to start attacking the merits and initiatives of our young members, our future, because in their mind - if they are unhappy and unsuccessful, if they are miserable it makes them a victim of everyone else who is happy and successful. In truth, it is self-victimization because they will not take steps to better their own lives or circumstances.

My purpose in posting this is to inform everyone that if someone is using their platform to tear others down, it is a reflection of just how miserable they, themselves, feel inside. I also would like to humbly request of everyone, please do not engage in or enable these sorts of pathological behavior. We don't have a problem with it here on TG because we are quick to remove those sorts of people so they don't poison our community but it is becoming disturbingly prevalent in social media and other places.

Let's keep the therian community supportive of one another, encouraging of one another, uplifting, considerate and positive. We will have to work to maintain those principles but the effort will be worth it.

Lyc
2021-12-10 23:29
Save
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Punkin eater
Theriotype: Cryptid, cheetah
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

RE: Integrity of Community
If you've been attacked by anyone because of your membership to Therian-Guide, please please talk to someone here. It helps tremendously to get advice and reassurance from others and specially helps if other people are there to fight beside you. Talking helps a lot and you need to remember that you are NOT alone, ever. Because we are here for you, always.

Please stay strong, stand up for yourself. Now, this is important. Don't let others' opinions be forced onto you. You are not them, and you deserve to have your own opinions without being hurt for it... the aim of many of these people, naming no names, is exactly this. They dislike a person/group of people and aim to turn people against them by forcing their hate unto the backs of others around them. And if you are a brave, strong person, you will be hurt for doing it.

Something you need to remember is that these people, their words, are designed to frighten you, to back you into the corner. Don't give them the satisfaction of knowing it worked.

Be EXTREMELY careful who you give personal info to. THIS INCLUDES signing up to something with an email that could personally identify you. Just signing up to anything will give them your IP address, and this too is a personal identifier. While most members inside TG aren't malicious, there is always the occasional bad apple. And don't even get me started about outside TG, if you don't know much about a therian/alterhuman site, please ask us first before you join because you may not know what you're getting yourself into.

(2021-09-25 21:54)LycanTheory Wrote:  Always remember, when someone else tries to belittle or berate you - it's not a reflection of you. It is, instead, a reflection of just how insecure they feel about themselves when compared to you.

My PMs are always open, especially to minors.
Stay strong, stay safe, and be you.
-Bubs.

I'm a Pup Representative. Basically if you need to talk about a problem but you're too worried to talk to staff about, I can help you with a solution.
[Image: a.png]
(Tysm 2021 Secret Santa! <3)
2021-12-11 8:24
Save
Give Thanks
Alone
Away
Membership declined
Theriotype:
Experience: Therian

RE: Integrity of Community
As cliche as it sounds, they are honestly jealous of TG's success. They only wish they had something as great but they know they can never compare. I hate that they're going after the younger generation, it's sad that some of these people are adults and choosing to go after the youngens. I can't speak for everyone but I will certainly do my part in trying to protect the youngsters of our community without doing harm. My DMs are open to anyone who needs a punching bag, I can lend an ear to anyone who wants someone to listen, I will be a shoulder to cry on if someone needs comfort. Minor or adult, I'm here for anyone who needs it.
2021-12-13 1:46
Save
Give Thanks