READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Changing your board theme
Neon Rosettes
Away
Way/Wayway/Neon/Rose
Theriotype: Jaguar
Experience: Therian
silvertick 

Changing your board theme
Alright, so I wanted to wait until I had more themes done, but I'm lazy and I'll only be working on them a little bit. Plus other people seem to want to contribute their emoji edits, so it's not just me adding these.

-----

Each board theme has two changes, although any that I did not make myself will not have both. The first is the default emojis. These are what you see. They change depending on what your theme is.

Example:

Wolf Theme
[Image: 7XxeSEl.png]

Cat Theme (not every emoji is replaced):
[Image: w91bwZY.png]

If you want the emoji you use to be seen the same no matter what theme someone is using, you'll have to use one of these.

[Image: 5uZ4WKa.png]

Not every emoji is accounted for, and as of right now there is no way to access every emoji this way, but in the future it might be expanded upon.

-----

The second change, the one you won't see for some of the themes, is the change to the icon beside the boards.

For example:

Wolf Theme:
[Image: MRGxITA.png]

Cat Theme:
[Image: Zw9hKr1.png]

-----

To change your board theme, follow these steps.

1. Go to your edit profile screen.

[Image: 4BwXOFu.png]

2. Go to Edit Options.

[Image: gkRGltA.png]

3. Changing your board theme is in the bottom right.

[Image: rJdmaWC.png]

And that's it! We'll try to keep you updated when additional themes are added, but feel free to pick one you like most.

Thanks! :jagheart:
(This post was last modified: 2017-01-17 21:03 by Neon Rosettes.)
2017-01-17 20:52
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

RE: Changing your board theme
Hi,

It's been on my mind to also add the "human" theme with the default yellow smileys, since one member once said he had trouble understanding the wolf emojis.

But that was just one person saying it once and I think he pretty much just came here to tell me that and then left, so not a big priority.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
2017-01-17 21:26
Save
Give Thanks
Neon Rosettes
Away
Way/Wayway/Neon/Rose
silvertick 

It can be back burner priority. :blep:
2017-01-17 21:31
Save
Give Thanks
Reka
Mustelidmess
Theriotype: river otter, lioness
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

I'm in no position to give much input, but I was thinking "cat" and "wolf" could be called feline and canine instead? I know the emojis are mainly wolves and cats but for people who are, for example a dog or a dhole, cheetah and cougars, they could feel more "included" if the themes were called "canine" or "feline" instead? I don't know I guess it's just a minor silly detail.

Now I'll just throw this in the list of non-priority things: a weasel/mustelid theme! Or it could be a every-other-animal-type theme maybe one day. *laughs hysterically and disappears*

Edit:
By the way I think it's great thanks for your all the work you do in this place ^^
(This post was last modified: 2017-01-18 10:25 by Reka.)
2017-01-18 10:12
Save
Give Thanks
Neon Rosettes
Away
Way/Wayway/Neon/Rose
silvertick 

TBH we'll probably rename them, but not like you think.

I had plans to make a tiger version and a house cat version, as well as a fox version and a dog version. Basically, the reason I'm avoiding having them named more generically is because of my plans to make other more specific versions. Eventually I'd like ungulate to be renamed deer and cat to be renamed jaguar.

But all in due time when/if I make them.

As for requests, seeing as I'm utterly back logged and need to work on the ones I planned first, I'll try to remember to add them to the list. In the mean time, I tend to do proof of concept emojis, aka I make a standard Smile for a species to see how feasible it is to make.
(This post was last modified: 2017-01-18 10:57 by Neon Rosettes.)
2017-01-18 10:54
Save
Give Thanks
Sonja
Child of the ocean.
Theriotype: Werewolf, polymorph?
Experience: Therian, Otherkin

Human emojis don't seem very fitting on a board full of animal people. haha Also they're sort of an eyesore, but I also just hate yellow.

Psychological - INFP - Artist - Fursuiter - Student of Psychology

"Of course it's happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -J.K. Rowling

[url= https://youtu.be/bndL7wwAj0U]~♪♥♫~[/url]
2017-01-18 12:35
Save
Give Thanks
Reka
Mustelidmess
Theriotype: river otter, lioness

(2017-01-18 10:54)Neon Rosettes Wrote:  TBH we'll probably rename them, but not like you think.

I had plans to make a tiger version and a house cat version, as well as a fox version and a dog version. Basically, the reason I'm avoiding having them named more generically is because of my plans to make other more specific versions. Eventually I'd like ungulate to be renamed deer and cat to be renamed jaguar.

But all in due time when/if I make them.

As for requests, seeing as I'm utterly back logged and need to work on the ones I planned first, I'll try to remember to add them to the list. In the mean time, I tend to do proof of concept emojis, aka I make a standard Smile for a species to see how feasible it is to make.

Oooh I didn't know that. I actually thought "what if they actully plan to do different types of animals rather than general genuses. No way that would be never-ending" haha. Sounds like a lot or work but it's awesome ^^

2017-01-18 13:06
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
The Bookworm
Theriotype: Wolf
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
silvertick 
.$team.

As petty as it sounds, I agree with Wereren. But I also hate yellow...so that's too biased no-thankyou's. Tongue
2017-01-19 3:37
Save
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Experience: Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

(2017-01-19 3:37)Ishvala Wrote:  As petty as it sounds, I agree with Wereren. But I also hate yellow...so that's too biased no-thankyou's. Tongue

XD also human emojiss are every where XD its nice to see the cute animal ones for a change XD

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
(This post was last modified: 2017-01-19 15:59 by StarDolphin.)
2017-01-19 15:57
Save
Give Thanks
that-one-err0r
Crooked Cryptid
Theriotype: Cryptid
Experience: Otherkin
tick 

This is awesome. I'm glad it happened.